U

Friday, August 2nd, 2024 4:14 PM

Iphone Mail - Cannot Send Mail - The user name or password for "smtp.comcast.net" is in correct.

Hello,

Recently I noticed that my comcast email on the iphone mail app was only receiving email but not sending them. I reset phone, password, toggled 3rd party on and off. Nothing. I updated my IOS to the most current. Then I deleted the account from the phone and re-added it. Now I get The user name or password for "smtp.comcast.net" is in correct. but now... since it won't log me in... I cannot receive emails because it never officially went through. I have no problem logging in web based but this is just very frustrating. Ive tried all those tricks I listed above. Any suggestions?

1 Message

2 months ago

same problem but only recently...not something done on my end so wait for some response from the company?????

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

2 months ago

Hey there, user_3u9yon! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums! I am sorry to hear about the troubles with getting access to the email on your iPhone and we appreciate you sharing all the details with the troubleshooting steps you have completed. If you are still having troubles with the access, we do recommend reaching out to our Customer Security Assurance Team for further assistance with the email access concerns. You can find their information here. Please let us know if you have any other troubles, we are happy to help. 

1 Message

1 month ago

Same problem.  I spent over an hour on the phone with the support team.  She had me try a multitude of different things, but to no avail.  Now I'm waiting the "up to 48 hours" for a high level techie to call me back.  I can receive, but not send emails from my iPhone.  Laptop is ok.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here