TexMike's profile

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, January 20th, 2023 10:01 PM

Closed

iPhone 14 Pro not Pushing IMAP email from Comcast Server.

Just upgraded my iPhone X to a 14 Pro.  Email set up as IMAP.  I use Outlook on my PC as email client. Never had an issue with mail “push” on my iPhone X.  But my iPhone 14 Pro doesn't even have a push option for IMAP mail, only fetch and manual.  I’ve deleted my iPhone mail accounts, forced reset, and added email accounts back. Still no push option.  Email does not download to iPhone unless I open the phone's Mail app.  Confirmed that all email account settings are correct and identical in Outlook, Comcast web mail and iPhone 14 Pro.  Apple auto-configured my Comcast email accounts.  I used my Outlook email client account passwords during setup.  Should I have used my Comcast account password instead? I do not have VPN.  Does someone know why there is no push option?  It is my understanding Comcast IMAP supports push email. It definitely worked on my old iPhone X. Thank you for any support on this.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

@TexMike Good afternoon! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your email services. I know how important it is for your devices to work as you need them to, and be able to get important communications. I'm including a link for you below. Can you please login to your Comcast email and check to make sure these settings match? I am also sending over the information on how the settings should look. Please let me know if you run into any obstacles, I'm here to help!  

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/pop-imap-iphone

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/third-party-email-access

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you XfinitiKassie.  My email account type is IMAP, not POP, so I did not need to change that.  My Comcast email setting was already set up to allow third party access.  I did have to change my iPhone 'delete mail' setting to "Never".  I will let you know how it goes.  TexMike.

Contributor

• 

242 Messages

Sounds good! We appreciate the update.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Hi XfinitiRose.  I followed instructions in the article links.  Did not work.  Email is still not pushing to my iPhone 14 Pro.  The strange think about this is that my iPhone X, which I had for almost 6 years, never had any problem pushing email to my phone from Comcast's server.  My new iPhone 14 Pro does not even have an option to push in mail setup, only fetch and manual.  Not sure what to do other that reset the phone, which will clear all my settings back to the factory settings, and start from scratch.  Any more suggestions?  Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Can you please try that on your end and let us know if there is any change? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here