J

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, February 11th, 2023 6:34 PM

Closed

iPhone 14 Pro Max and Comcast email compatibility

I purchased a new iPhone 14 Pro Max several weeks ago.  I have followed the guidance on the Xfinity site 3 different times and have no success loading my Comcast emails onto the iPhone 14 Pro Max.  My email address does load but states "Cannot Connect to the server for " [Edited: "Personal Information"]" "Mail can try to repair these settings."  I hit the Repair button and then receive "Cannot Get Mail. The mail server "impap.comcast.net" is not responding. Verify that you entered the correct account info into Mail settings."

So what's the solution?  I cannot believe the newest iPhone cannot connect to Comcast email.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @John_K1 Thanks for reaching out to us for the trouble with accessing your email on the new iphone. I would love to help out. I believe the issue is with the server settings the error "impap.comcast.net" this should be set to imap.comcast.net it looks like there was a typo there. Can you try to reenter that setting please? When you have a change let me know if that helps out. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityPaula​ 

imap.comcast.net is listed.  The type-o is in my original comment above.  Sorry.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you so much for this information. May I have you go to https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/iphone-configure-comcast-email and try these steps here. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

When I get to Step 7 I receive the message "The IMAP server "imap.comcast.net" doesn't support Password authentication.  Please check your account settings and try again.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@John_K1, are you using a third-party client? If so which one?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

By 3rd party do you mean Outlook?  No, I am not.

On my old Android (S21 Ultra) I had the Xfinity Connect App to receive/send e-mails.  I cannot find this App from the Apple Store.

Expert

• 

106.7K Messages

2 years ago

The concern is not "accessibility / disability" help related.................... Topic moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here