U

Monday, September 9th, 2024 5:11 PM

iOS mail client abruptly stopped working with xfinity mail for second or third time this year. No prior or current solution is working.

Per the subject header, the iOS mail client being used is no longer able to access xFinity mail.  This has become an annual issue and is presumed to be the same problem which has been ongoing for years with Comcast/Xfinity and Apple iOS (but not MacOS, apparently) mail clients.

In trying to resolve this most recent dilemma: on the device I have tried (a) re-entering the password, repeatedly even; (b) deleting the specific mail profile for the account and re-adding it as new; and even (c) manually setting up mail types/options; and on the Xfinity platform I have (d) verified "allow third party apps" was activated; I have (e) de- and re-toggled "allow third party apps"; as well as also (f) changing the account password - again (historically, e.g. this year and typically in previous years, doing that has undone whatever conflict there happened to be between systems, but not this time); and I have even reviewed approximately half a dozen threads on this forum about this very issue, some of which rendered as locked by Comcast/xFinity so that it wasn't even possible to click links or copy text otherwise - which is incredibly disconcerting forum behavior (but that's another topic for another thread).

As a client of several decades in a family of clients with, in some cases, around forty years of patronage this is only adding to the list of reasons to dump Comcast/Xfinity which would be a serious inconvenience given the obligations it would impose, yet the lack of concerted effort by the company to address seemingly long-standing, years old, issues while incessantly pumping up prices to absurd amounts (nearly twice what it was just five or so years ago) suggests that is where this will end up; however, in the meantime, does anyone have any ideas about why this is occurring and how to go about resolving it which hasn't already been attempted pursuant of the list above? Or is there no solution because of Comcast/xFinity taking no interest?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

11 days ago

user_nyqmpv Hello and thank you for reaching out to Xfinity via our Xfinity Community Forums. I'm really sorry to hear about the ongoing trouble you're having with the iOS mail client and your Xfinity email. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be, especially when it's something you've already dealt with multiple times. Let's work together to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

It seems like you've already taken all the right steps to troubleshoot, and I wish I could tell you the issue is more straightforward. This does seem to be a recurring problem that affects the interaction between Xfinity and iOS mail clients, so it’s understandable how frustrating it must be to face it again.

To help move forward, let’s dive a little deeper into a few additional areas. Could you let me know:

1. Are you able to access your Xfinity email using the Xfinity Connect app or the webmail version on your phone?
  2. Have you tried accessing your mail on another iOS device to see if the issue persists?
  3. Is your device running the latest iOS version, and have there been any recent updates that may have caused this conflict?

Additionally, if you haven't already, clearing the cache or resetting the network settings on your iPhone might help reset any lingering configurations. I'd also recommend double-checking if any security or VPN apps are running that might be blocking the email connection.

Please let me know how these suggestions go, and we'll continue troubleshooting from there!

2 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ 

1. Are you able to access your Xfinity email using the Xfinity Connect app or the webmail version on your phone?

Insofar as this technical problem is concerned, per the original post this is iOS mail app exclusive issue

2.   Have you tried accessing your mail on another iOS device to see if the issue persists?

Insofar as this technical problem is concerned, per the original post this is specific to an iOS mail app.

3.  Is your device running the latest iOS version, and have there been any recent updates that may have caused this conflict?

Insofar as this technical problem is concerned, per the original post's subject line the onset of this was abrupt meaning it worked until suddenly it didn't. And it hasn't for several days now, over which persist checking has only been wrought with notification that "no password has been provided" toasts on the phone when trying to re-add the account to the mail profile which, in fact, was the very announcement that brought to my attention this issue had returned.

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

user_nyqmpv, thank you for answering these questions and providing us with all this helpful information in your original post. You should still be able to open Safari or your preferred browser on the iPhone or iPad to visit xfinity.com and access your email from there. We can also suggest contacting our CSA Department for further assistance at 1-88-565-4329. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here