drossbach1's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, June 4th, 2024 3:27 PM

imap will not connect outgoing for outgoing server

Same messages as were previously "closed" in November.  Gmail and other clients work,  Thunderbird and Outlook get Outgoing server error.  Not constant ..... works for a while and then sporadically does not.  If I go through a VPN, the problem disappears but then can occur on the VPN.  If I switch VPN servers, it goes a way and then comes back......What is going on?

Official Employee

• 

958 Messages

4 months ago

Hello drossbach1. Please change your email password from the native side on the Xfinity website.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I avoided this due to needing to change logins on 6 devices,   It worked!........ but why?   

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

drossbach1 I am glad to hear this issue has been resolved, as this is what was needed to get this resolved. My team is always here for you if you should need us in the future. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

1 month ago

I am having the same problem.   HELP!

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMTP) error. The server responded:  resomta-a2p-646966.sys.comcast.net resomta-a2p-646966.sys.comcast.net Excessive failed authentication, ESMTP server temporarily not available.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_xuugeg! Please reset/change the password for your Xfinity email following the steps in this link here.

After changing the password, please log out/remove the email from any third-party mail apps or clients such as Outlook, Apple Mail, etc. Then please make sure your email has third party access enabled. To enable third-party access, please:

Sign in to your comcast email through the website here

Select the settings (gear icon) in the top right
Select “Email Settings” below the gear icon
Select “Security” in the top left
Make sure the box below “Third Party Access Security” is checked.

After changing the password, deleting/removing the email from any third-party mail app, and enabling third-party access we will want to follow the steps in this article here to add the Xfinity app back to any third-party app.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here