U

Sunday, May 12th, 2024 12:31 PM

imap setting corrupted

Recently I started getting an error message that my imap setting for xfinity was wrong.  After 2 hours on the phone with supposed experts and the girl says I have to contact the maker of my PC. REALLY!?!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

4 months ago

@user_83j161 Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the IMAP settings for your email client. I understand how this can be detrimental to your everyday life. The good news is you are in the right place for help! My apologies in advance for the multiple questions I have to help isolate the issue.

Recently when using email clients I have found that resetting the password for your Xfinity ID (email address) helps resolve issues with the settings within the email client. Has your password been changed recently? What email client are you using? Have you been able to log into Xfinity.com to access your email?

5 Messages

LOL, I wouldn't say, "detrimental to your everyday life."  Simply annoying because it shouldn't be an ongoing problem. 

I am using a Chrome browser for web-based email on a Dell desktop PC with a Win10 OS.  I have not recently changed anything. 

After reloading the Xfinity page up to 5 times each time I want to check it the mail will eventually load.  I have tried numerous other browsers, and I have no problem access my other email providers when using web-based access.  Just FYI, I am a retired longtime certified computer and IT tech.

Thank you for responding

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Thanks for letting us know. It sounds like you can get into your webmail with your current login credentials. What email client are you using when you get the IMAP errors and what does the error actually state?

I noticed you mentioned you tried other browsers. Just curious, have you tried to launch an incognito window from Chrome and then go to your webmail from Xfinity.com to see if it loads on the first try?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

I am using Chrome to access my webmail.  The error say my imap setting are wrong, "The provided login data to access mail server imap.comcast.net seem to be wrong.  Please correct them."  If I keep refreshing the site (up to 5 times) it eventually loads my mail.  I'll try the incognito window.

I did try the incognito window, and although it loaded the email without repeated refreshing I am still getting the error.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Thank you for that information. This is something we will need to have a further look into and get a ticket open since this is happening on webmail. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

2 months ago

I am getting this same problem starting yesterday when other Xfinity customers in our community experienced an Xfinity outage. I still had connectivity but two Xfinity vehicles came in the community Monday and since then I no longer can receive email getting the same IMAP error message listed in this thread.

5 Messages

I wish they would fix mine!  I no longer have refresh the page but still get that annoying error message.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_83j161, Thank you so much for your patience. We will be happy to help with getting that error message fixed. In order to further assist, please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address so we can ensure we pull up the correct account. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message.

5 Messages

2 months ago

How do I stop this error "Error The provided login data to access mail server imap.comcast.net seem to be wrong. Please correct them."

It is ridiculous that this same issue has been going on for YEARS!  Comcast, fix the problem, once and for all.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here