KevinM1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Thu, Jun 23, 2022 11:05 PM

Images not opening again on XFinity email

This seems to be a fairly common occurrence with xfinity email. I receive emails that have images (pictures, etc.) and they will not open. I have the settings set properly to allow them to open, yet they don't. I will "right click" on an image and there is no option to allow the images to be seen. This occurs both on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Is there some kind of solution to this problem? It doesn't just happen on spam, it happens with emails from organizations I have received emails from for years.

Again

Expert

• 

27.5K Messages

11日前

@KevinM1 

This seems to be a fairly common occurrence with xfinity email. I receive emails that have images (pictures, etc.) and they will not open. I have the settings set properly to allow them to open, yet they don't. I will "right click" on an image and there is no option to allow the images to be seen. This occurs both on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Is there some kind of solution to this problem? It doesn't just happen on spam, it happens with emails from organizations I have received emails from for years.

Have you tried a different browser?

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@Again​ It seems to work on Firefox only. It doesn't work on Chrome, nor on Microsoft Edge. I don't use Firefox, so moving to that browser is not a solution to the problem.

Again

Expert

• 

27.5K Messages

@KevinM1​ 

@Again​ It seems to work on Firefox only. It doesn't work on Chrome, nor on Microsoft Edge. I don't use Firefox, so moving to that browser is not a solution to the problem.

I don't use Edge or Chrome because it seems as though there are too many problems with both of them.  I'm not saying they're not good browsers, but FireFox just doesn't have the same problems.

I suggest checking your preferences in Edge and Chrome to see if anything has changed.  Sometimes an update will mess with preferences.

Have you considered using a third party email client like Outlook or Thunderbird?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

I will check. I do appreciate your suggestions, but changing browsers isn't a solution. Do xfinity employees check these boards at all? It is my hope that one will see this and relate it to the proper department. I'm guessing I'm far from the only person having this problem. Xfinity subscribers shouldn't have to try different browsers to read their emails. 

I should note that I can see the images when I check them on my tablet. This is only an issue on my laptop. Maybe that new information can help?

Again

Expert

• 

27.5K Messages

@KevinM1​ 

The reason we ask about using a different browser is to see if it's a problem with the browser you're using or if the problem shows up in other browsers as well.

What browser does your tablet use?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Ah, I understand! Thanks for that. My tablet uses Google Chrome, oddly enough. My laptop has Windows 11. Could that be an issue?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here