KevinM1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Thursday, June 23rd, 2022 11:05 PM

Closed

Images not opening again on XFinity email

This seems to be a fairly common occurrence with xfinity email. I receive emails that have images (pictures, etc.) and they will not open. I have the settings set properly to allow them to open, yet they don't. I will "right click" on an image and there is no option to allow the images to be seen. This occurs both on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Is there some kind of solution to this problem? It doesn't just happen on spam, it happens with emails from organizations I have received emails from for years.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

2 years ago

@KevinM1 

This seems to be a fairly common occurrence with xfinity email. I receive emails that have images (pictures, etc.) and they will not open. I have the settings set properly to allow them to open, yet they don't. I will "right click" on an image and there is no option to allow the images to be seen. This occurs both on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Is there some kind of solution to this problem? It doesn't just happen on spam, it happens with emails from organizations I have received emails from for years.

Have you tried a different browser?

Regular Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@Again​ It seems to work on Firefox only. It doesn't work on Chrome, nor on Microsoft Edge. I don't use Firefox, so moving to that browser is not a solution to the problem.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@KevinM1​ 

@Again​ It seems to work on Firefox only. It doesn't work on Chrome, nor on Microsoft Edge. I don't use Firefox, so moving to that browser is not a solution to the problem.

I don't use Edge or Chrome because it seems as though there are too many problems with both of them.  I'm not saying they're not good browsers, but FireFox just doesn't have the same problems.

I suggest checking your preferences in Edge and Chrome to see if anything has changed.  Sometimes an update will mess with preferences.

Have you considered using a third party email client like Outlook or Thunderbird?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

• 

16 Messages

I will check. I do appreciate your suggestions, but changing browsers isn't a solution. Do xfinity employees check these boards at all? It is my hope that one will see this and relate it to the proper department. I'm guessing I'm far from the only person having this problem. Xfinity subscribers shouldn't have to try different browsers to read their emails. 

I should note that I can see the images when I check them on my tablet. This is only an issue on my laptop. Maybe that new information can help?

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@KevinM1​ 

The reason we ask about using a different browser is to see if it's a problem with the browser you're using or if the problem shows up in other browsers as well.

What browser does your tablet use?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Ah, I understand! Thanks for that. My tablet uses Google Chrome, oddly enough. My laptop has Windows 11. Could that be an issue?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I have tried Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox on my PC.  None of them will display the picture; however, the pictures display properly when using the Apple Mail client on my iPhone.

On the pc, in my Edge browser, I clicked on the where the image should be loaded and did a "right-click". There is the option to save a link to the image.  When I paste this into NotePad, I see that the link is going through an Xfinity Proxy.

I have tried setting the Xfinity e-mail setting to not pre-load images, but this did not help.

Could this be an issue with the Xfinity Proxy?

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

Hello @Anon121602, I appreciate you reaching out to us for assistance with pictures not downloading in your email. Are you also having an issue with the pictures not downloading if you open your emails on your iPhone through the Xfinity site, rather than the Apple Mail Client?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityMikeG​ 

Same here, using MS Edge Version 103.0.1264.77 (Official build) (64-bit) with the "gear" settings in XFinity Connect -> Security all checked:

1. Allow pre-loading of externally linked images

2. Some external images can pose security risk...

3. Allow access to my XFinity Connect email through third-party programs...

Never-the-less, I can only right-click on the picture or image icon, and neither Load Image or Open image in new tab, does not do anything.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

It doesn't show images or give me the option to see them on the application I use on my phone.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@k4dordy​ 

It doesn't show images or give me the option to see them on the application I use on my phone.

What application are you using on your phone?  Have you checked the settings in webmail?

In webmail [connect.xfinity.com] click on the gear icon and then on Email Settings.

Under Security in the left pane make sure all three boxes are checked in the right pane.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having the same problem with images (windows 10, edge browser, my.xfinity.com website). If I open the  xfinity website by right clicking the favorites icon and selecting "Open in InPrivate window", the images display correctly. If I open the website normally and right click on where one of the images should be and try to display the image in new tab, I get an error message :

403 Forbidden

openresty

I looked this error up and it has something to do with too many cookies or queue too long.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I am now having the same issue with a site that used to work fine. I am on Safari -have been for 15+ years. I can see images on my Comcast iPhone but not on my computer. Tell me there is a button to click and all will be well???

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums @user_43426f. Our team would be happy to help get to the bottom of this. First, is this an email issue? Your post mentions having issues with a site. Are you referring to a specific website? I am going to suggest that you clear cache and cookies then restart the device. If you are stilling having trouble with this site/email our team will be on standby to help. 

Moving forward, if you are having troubles and need support, please create a new post detailing your issue so that the community and our support representatives can assist. The best communities have most conversations happening in the public boards. When you start a thread we ask you post as much detail as possible along with the troubleshooting steps you have tried. Please see Forums Guidelines if you run into any questions or concerns. https://comca.st/3PwLnBd

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

For weeks I've been having the same issue with pictures in my email in Chrome on my Windows 10 Pro computer.

When I open an email for the first time I absolutely *can* see the picture and then the picture vanishes, leaving the tiny broken link image. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here