tzk3jk's profile

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

Saturday, June 8th, 2024 1:26 PM

I forgot my email password

Background

I have 3 email providers:  Xfinity, Apple Mail, and Outlook for Mac

I have 3 email addresses: [Edited: Personal Information], [Edited: Personal Information], and [Edited: Personal Information]

Problem: 4 days ago, my email was not working. I went into Apple Mail and Outlook for Mac and deleted my email accounts. In both Mail and Outlook I was able to add back 2 of my 3 email addresses, [Edited: Personal Information] and [Edited: Personal Information], but not ([Edited: Personal Information]) because error messages that my password for [Edited: Personal Information] was not valid.

I don’t know who I need to fix this. What follows are my attempts with Xfinity, Apple, and Microsoft (Outlook for Mac).

I chatted with an agent from Xfinity about my inability to add [Edited: Personal Information] as a new email. The agent said he would escalate to a senior tech, but I have not heard back. That was 3 days ago.

Here is what happens when I log in to my Xfinity account:

1. I select “Account and identity” then Xfinity ID and Security.  Then I selected “change email” (I selected att to change to comcast), but I get a message that “Email is already linked to an active account”
  2. I select check email.  I select “Add mail account”. I type in [Edited: Personal Information]and my last remembered password.  I click on “Add”. Then I get this message “Error. Auto-configuration failed. Do you want to configure your account manually? I click on “Configure manually”.  I fill out the information (I tried both imap.comcast.net and pop.comcast.net). For “IMAP” I get the message “Validation of server imap.comcast.net failed due to invalid credentials”.   For POP I get 2 messages “Validation of server pop.comcast.net failed with reason: Read timed out” and “Secure port specified for transport protocol “smtp”, but SSL is not enabled.   Please review is appropriate. I then select SSL/TLS and got “Validation of server pop.comcast.net failed with reason: Read timed out”. Then I selected Start TLS. Same “Validation of server pop.comcast.net failed with reason: Read timed out” message.  

Currently, Outlook for Mac has all 3 email addresses showing in Settings: Accounts.  But only [Edited: Personal Information] and [Edited: Personal Information] work. Mac will not let me use [Edited: Personal Information] because “The server for account “Comcast” returned the error “[Auth] Authentication failed..” Your username / password or security settings may be incorrect. Would you like to retry entering your password? 3 days ago, I requested a password reset from Microsoft, but have not heard back.

Currently, Apple Mail has 2 active email addresses which are [Edited: Personal Information] and [Edited: Personal Information]  When I click on Add Account I’m brought to the Choose a Mail Account Provider.  I click on add Other Mail Account, I type in [Edited: Personal Information] and my password.  Then I get the message “Unable to verify account name or password”.  I then change IMAP to POP.  And click on sign in again.  And I get the same “Unable to verify account name or password message. I logged into my Apple.com account, but had no success trying to change a [Edited: Personal Information] password.

I’d greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me? Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

845 Messages

18 days ago

Hello @tzk3jk Thanks for reaching out to us about your email concerns. You’ve come to the right place for help. Please send us a direct message with your full name, full address, so I may provide a solution for you!

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Expert

• 

104.3K Messages

20 days ago

Concern moved here to the E-mail help section for assistance.

Expert

• 

104.3K Messages

18 days ago

@tzk3jk @XfinityKei 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

EG, I've been communicating  with Xfinity Ray on this issue, but lost my link to him.  I'm getting ready for my call to the CSA that has the solution and would like to see if Ray had any more advice before I make the call. Thanks

Official Employee

• 

845 Messages

@tzk3jk Happy Wednesday! Thanks for reaching out to us this morning. Ray is not available at this moment, but it's ok to go ahead and call over to CSA. We will check back on you later on this afternoon to see how that call goes. I will send you a message, so you can get back to us in the direct message. 🙂

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

(The Direct Message link is gone)

Now [Edited: "Personal Information"] works in Xfinity email, Apple Mail and Outlook for Mac email. [Edited: "Personal Information"] remains working across all three.

But now [Edited: "Personal Information"] isn't working in Outlook for Mac getting "[Sys/Temp] Server Error. Your username/password or security settings may be incorrect".

And it's not working in Apple Mail.

But [Edited: "Personal Information"] is listed in my Xfinity account as my "Personal email".

Any ideas where to start.  Thanks

(edited)

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

@XfinityKei

(The Direct Message link is gone)

Now [Edited: "Personal Information"]@Comcast.net works in Xfinity email, Apple Mail and Outlook for Mac email. [Edited: "Personal Information"] remains working across all three.

But now [Edited: "Personal Information"]@att.net isn't working in Outlook for Mac getting "[Sys/Temp] Server Error. Your username/password or security settings may be incorrect".

And it's not working in Apple Mail.

But [Edited: "Personal Information"]@att.net is listed in my Xfinity account as my "Personal email".

Any ideas where to start.  Thanks

(edited)

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

@EG

My problem for the [Edited: "Personal Information"] password not working has been solved by creating a new Xfinity account for that email. And then to link that account with my original account. To do that I was instructed to call the CSA team at 1-800-XFINITY.  I’m very happy with the support that Ray, Kei, EG provided from moving my original post to the proper section to following up every day to see how I was doing.  Now I just need to figure out a password that Outlook will accept for [Edited: "Personal Information"]@att.net. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here