Anon314168's profile

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Wednesday, April 27th, 2022 5:43 AM

Closed

How to stay signed on

Why must I 'sign in' to Comcast mail every single time I come back to it?    And:   I click on:   Stay logged in...but doesn't work.   Advise please.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

2 years ago

... I click on:   Stay logged in...but doesn't work. ...

To stay signed in:

• Don't log out.
  • Don't use Private Browsing when you log in.
  • Make sure your browser accepts all the cookies the Comcast login process sets and retains them between sessions.
  • If you use any sort of registry cleaner or other "system tuneup" software, make sure it is not set to delete cookies.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

2 years ago

All those things have been taken care of.    It just stopped letting me stay 'logged in'.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

@Anon314168​   I do NOT ever 'log out'.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

And today...I am in the middle of composing an email, and I get the message that my 'connection has timed out' and I need to sign in again.  My three paragraph article then is lost.  It has done this 10 times in a row...!!!.....so I departed from it all day....and am trying again.   There must be some little

trick in how one signs in, which site you click on to 'sign in', etc......something really dumb.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

The email software should be saving your work to the Drafts folder.  Is it in there?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

887 Messages

Have you attempted to use a different web browser to determine if your we browser settings are causing the issues? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Sometimes...I stay logged in but usually not.  So it cannot be any of MY settings.  They must be some 'trick' involved with either signing in or leaving email but not closing.   This is unnecessary frustration.  When I accessed via Office 365, this NEVER happened.  Please advise...  PLEASE

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

2 years ago

I am asking the same question.

I have done all that Bruce W. has suggested.   Nothing works.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@Anon314168​ 

Why not stick with Outlook 365 or a client like Thunderbird?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here