JD2016
Discussion Driver
Rousing Reactor
Expressive Exchange

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

Sun, Sep 27, 2020 3:00 PM

How to I attach a photo from my computer and have it show in the body of the email?

I can upload attachments, but I see no option to have it show in the body of the email.  Is there a way this can be done?

Responses

Accepted Solution

rightfooted

Expert

• 

1K Messages

7 m ago

Instead of attaching files, use the insert image icon.

insert image.png

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
JD2016

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

7 m ago

Thank you, I'll try that.

JD2016

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

7 m ago

Thanks again!  I think on the old Xfinity email software there was a choice to check on whether to put the attachment in the message or as an attachment, that's what confused me.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 m ago

The insert option stopped working in that when I looked in my sent file, it showed up as an attachment. So the insert option is not working right.

Again

Expert

• 

25.5K Messages

5 m ago

@prb27 wrote:

The insert option stopped working in that when I looked in my sent file, it showed up as an attachment. So the insert option is not working right.

I just tried inserting an image into the body of the mail, and when I look at the sent file, I see where it's included as an attachment AND I see it in the body of the email.  Did you scroll down to see if it was in the Body?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 m ago

I did look there but it is not. Thanks for asking.

Again

Expert

• 

25.5K Messages

5 m ago

@prb27 wrote:

I did look there but it is not. Thanks for asking.

What browser are you using?

Are any of the icons showing in Compose?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 m ago

Firefox and by icons do you means the options to use in the body of the email? If so yes!

prb27_0-1607914011652.png

and this was under options when I opend it:

prb27_1-1607914060326.png

So not sure why it was still not working...but I just used a different photos as a test and sent to a friend. It worked. Perhaps it was that one photo of mine.

Hopefully this is the answer!

Thank you!

New to the Community?

Start Here