Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

Tuesday, October 5th, 2021 5:28 AM

Closed

How to Create a Secondary Email Address

Start here:

Create Up to Seven Email Accounts

Follow the directions found in that article.  Make sure you're signed in as the Primary holder.

To find your Primary user ID, use the Lookup Tool: https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/lookup

Just enter the requested information and you will see a listing of all the user ID's on your account, one of which will be the Primary ID.
Note: You must create the user ID following the instructions above, not by trying to create one in an email client.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

how do I add a secondary email address?

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@user_1f016a did you click on the first link in the original post?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Contributor

• 

152 Messages

@Again   ;   Secondary Email Address 

🔗 I would like to clarify that the above link doesn't mean that you acquire a second email address for yourself ,  you're inviting others with whom you live , to have an email address . ( I find the " email address account " is misleading .   I too would like to have a second email address ,  for an alias … haven't yet found any information on this . 

Christine 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have been trying to create a second comcast.net e-mail address for myself.  This is something that was easily done previously, in fact a friend of mine has two e-mail addresses.  I've gone through the steps and added a user, and had to erase my cell phone number from my primary account to get a txt.  Then the xfinity ID that was created was my cell phone number not the ID I wanted I had no comcast.net email associated with this new user.  Why has this process become so difficult?  I was on a chat with customer service for two hours, and all they sent me were instructions on how to add users.  

Expert

• 

29.6K Messages

3 years ago

@beaner128 

Understand how Comcast accounts are structured;  they are predicated on the model of having one Primary account holder at a given service address, and up to 6 secondary users at the same address.  Comcast email software has no provision for using traditional email alias addresses.  They are separate accounts under the control of the Primary.  That said, you can still set up a secondary and use it as an extra account.  You cannot use the same telephone number for a secondary that you use for the Primary.  That's a security thing.  I have two secondary accounts-----I just can't use 2FA on them since I only have one phone number.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Well that was certainly an exercise in patience and I failed.  I just called xfinity support and they told me I can't create a 2nd email.  However I explained that I created a new user with a different last name but no mobile or personal e-mail associated with it.  Because when I do that either the phone number or the e-mail is the xfinity ID.  I cannot figure out why this was taken away or why this is so difficult.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

When I first set up email in Xfinity, I was able to set up multiple xfinity email addresses, ostensibly for members in my household, without having the requirements for external emails or phone numbers.  E.G. If I had a ten year old that I wanted to introduce to email (in a way in which I could monitor/control, the xfinity email address was ideal especially since I would not give a ten year old a cell phone.  Now it seems xfinity has changed the 'purpose' of the additional emails from supporting multiple folks in a household to expanding their marketing surveillance footprint by only allowing external emails already existing to 'link' to xfinity.  To that I would ask why?  Why would anybody even consider this?    I had several addresses set up the old way and cleaned them up and now wish I had not. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I have a 10 and 11 year old so I do understand. The Viewer option gives the secondary user limited access to the account and will require you to fill out their user information for them rather than send them an invitation. This is our most basic option with limited permissions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here