tony_w's profile

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

Tuesday, January 23rd, 2024 11:03 PM

Closed

How to change password for secondary email accounts

I am a former Xfinity customer still using my old email accounts. I have one primary and several secondary users. Due to the recent security problems, Xfinity wants me to reset all my passwords. I was able to change the primary account password, but I cannot change any of the secondary users passwords. I tried following the steps here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-secondary-password

But every time I click on one of the secondary accounts it just takes me right back to the primary account. I have tried everything from different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) on my Mac, to clearing the caches, etc. Nothing works. Any ideas?

Edited to add: The current passwords for the secondary users are all working fine when I access my email via Apple Mail. But when I try to logon to the Xfinity web site for each of the secondary accounts it tells me I need to change the password and asks me to verify my mobile phone number but then it tells me I have to coordinate with the primary account holder to change the password. And that's not working as I said above.

Accepted Solution

1 Message

8 months ago

After several attempts at chat and phone support I was eventually directed to call Xfinity Customer Security Assurance 1-888-565-4329. They said this was happening to a lot of people due to your "Data Security Incident" with Citrix, and they knew exactly how to handle it.

It turns out if you're a former Xfinity customer who never setup a backup contact (email or phone number) for your secondary email accounts, there is no way to reset the passwords online because there is no way to send you a security code.

1 Message

@user_vduxbd​ thanks for this info.  I called today and they fixed my secondary email account.  I searched for a solution for 4 days

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

8 months ago

@tony_w We can help you with your email concerns today. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

I am in the same boat having the exact same issue. Did you get any resolution to the problem?

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

7 months ago

Yes, see the above response from user_vduxbd for the solution. I had to call the security assurance number and have them manually send me a security code for each account that I needed to reset the password for. Unfortunately if I ever need to change passwords again I’ll have to go thru the same procedure. It’s a pain, but it worked.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thanks for your time and response, I will give it shot and call as well. 

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

@tony_w, thank you for using the Community Forums page to reach out and provide a first-hand account of your experience getting assistance with your email concerns. We are glad to hear that collaborating with the Customer Security Assurance team provided a resolution for you.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

4 months ago

I am having a similar issue. My wife’s email stopped working and when I try to log in via a browser it tells me the password must be updated and when I try that I get into a loop were it tells me to connect to my WiFi and go to Xfinity.com/password. That just repeats over and over. 

I then tried to follow the instructions to change a secondary user but there is none.

I ended up texting with support who said they created a ticket and I will get a call within 1 hour. That was 11 hours ago. I don’t appreciate the tech trying to sell me cell service and other services.

I also tried the number above but it kept telling me my call is important and the wait time is over 40 minutes.

i am going to try calling again but this is ridiculous!

(edited)

6 Messages

4 months ago

I have the same problem.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_jwyoux, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the email, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

4 months ago

I ended up calling Xfinity Customer Security Assurance 1-888-565-4329 again and just left the phone on speaker while I did other things. An agent finally answered in less than 20 minutes and we were able to change my wife's password.

The main issue was we moved a couple years ago and somehow ended up with 2 accounts: one at the old address and one at the new address.

My wife's email was associated with the old address, and I guess the Wi-Fi from our old address.

6 Messages

@user_pu92su​ 

thank you, I called the number above, the call was answered within minutes and I recovered my password within 15 minutes.

thank you 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here