U

Thursday, July 18th, 2024 3:53 PM

How do I delete duplicate email acct and inactive email accts when loading my email acct?

When I sign onto my xfinity acct for email, I have several different xfinity accts that all appear under my primary acct.

I have 2 accts that I want to delete but I don't see any way to delete from loading to my main acct when I sign in online.

One non-xfinity acct is no longer active and there seems to be no way to delete it from loading under my primary acct.

The other acct is an exact duplicate of an acct. Would like to delete one of them but there seems to be no way to delete it without deleting the entire acct.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

The concern is not "Home Security / Rules AndAutomations" help related.................. Topic moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

867 Messages

2 months ago

user_rsn8t0 Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. There should be an option in the settings to link/unlink email accounts from the web portal. Are you checking from the Xfinity app or our Connect web portal?

5 Messages

I'm signing in directly with Xfinity, so I'm guessing it's the web portal. I will look for the option in settings but have not notice anything to link/unlink email accts.

5 Messages

Ok, went into Settings. Nothing is there to link or unlink email accts... And I went through it again, twice.

If there is and I missed it, maybe you can show me a pic of where it is and what it looks like.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 months ago

... xfinity acct for email ... I have 2 accts that I want to delete...

If you are asking about secondary email addresses that appear in https://connect.xfinity.com/, you can remove them by selecting

(gear icon) / Email Settings / Accounts

and then the trashcan icon for the addresses you want to remove. This doesn't delete the addresses or their emails, it just "unlinks" them from your "Connect" page.

Please let me know if this helps!

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

5 Messages

This worked when I changed my browser to Safari and the  trashcan icons became visible for me to use. Thanks!

5 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you... Here was the problem: I was using Firefox and it did not display the trash can icons under accounts. Despite going there numerous times, the trash icons did not load/were not visible UNTIL you told me where they were. So I changed browsers and loaded the page into my Safari browser and there they were!

Much appreciated!

Official Employee

• 

867 Messages

Glad to hear that you were able to get the accounts handled! Please feel free to create a new post any time in the future if other questions/concerns come up. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here