JeffreyELewis's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Fri, Dec 4, 2020 7:00 AM

How can I permanently delete emails and delete from recovery

I would like to be able to permanently delete my emails but they still have the ability to be recovered. How can I purge the recovery bin?

Responses

Latoque

Expert

• 

28.8K Messages

7 m ago

You can't.  Emails in the recovery folder stay in it until they have been there for 30 days.  After that they will drop out and can no longer be recovered.  There is no way for you to change the default behavior.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

Who told you they can't be recovered? It's not true. I had my Xfinity email hacked 12/2020. I have good pc protection and kept nothing in the email they could use. BUT, here's the thing - the hacker called up all my old emails from at least 6 months prior. I know because my trash (emptied the day before) was full of old emails - some from June 2020. If it's not recoverable, how did that happen?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

If you go through webmail to settings -> mail under "behavior" there is checkbox to "permanently remove deleted emails". I believe that is what you are looking for.

Latoque

Expert

• 

28.8K Messages

@dmdouce

All that setting does is bypass the Trash folder, and send the messages straight to the recovery folder.

New to the Community?

Start Here