U

Tuesday, October 15th, 2024 5:57 PM

Help setting up email on ipad 9th generation ios 18

I had to reset my ipad to factory settings. I am trying to set up my xfinity email again in the Mail app. It can connect an pull down the inbox emails. I cannot figure out how to get the Mail app to display any other folders. In addition, when I delete messages on the ipad, they don't delete from my Xfinity account.  My phone is working well. When I set up Mail, I chose 'Other' and the Settings automatically set up the mail connection. I didn't have choices to set up as IMAP or anything else. Help.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

9 hours ago

user_sudh32, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Are you wanting to set up a new email or an existing email you already have with Xfinity?

5 Messages

@XfinityAngie​ An existing email that I have on xfinity

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_sudh32 Have you checked all the settings outline in this article? How To Set Up Your Xfinity Email Address With an Email Program

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ I went to https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email which takes me to https://support.apple.com/en-us/102619 from the iPhone or iPad link. I have followed those steps. I have done is several times.  The problem is that the iPad mail app then automatically sets the parameters for the Xfinity mail. And it (1) doesn't show me the folders other than inbox, and (2) when I delete emails from the iPad they don't delete on Xfinity or my other devices. I think I need to change some parameters and cannot. I wonder if it is an ios18 change....

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

We have seen several adjustments with the iOS18 update. As of now, we haven't had a known issue alert for the 18 patch, but we can certainly take your information down and send this forward for further investigation. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, and then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and we can get started anytime.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

@XfinityAlfonso​ Thanks. I sent it along.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here