U

Saturday, August 31st, 2024 6:13 PM

Help Getting Back into Email

When I try to log into my email, I am stuck on a loop with the the help article coming up every time I try to click "check email" https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/account-email-information. When I just tried to send myself an email from another account, I got a message that address could not be found, but when I click into the account settings it doesn't say that the email is inactive. Can you please help? 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

16 days ago

Hi there, @user_truex0 I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having trying to access and send emails, I definitely understand how frustrating this experience is for you. How are you trying to log into your email account?-Richard

5 Messages

I am logged into my account, which works with my Comcast email credentials. My primary email is a gmail account but my Comcast email (which I'm trying to access) is still showing as active, could that be the issue? It doesn't look like I can change my preferred email to the comast email without access to the email itself. The error when I sent an email was 550 5.1.1 Not our Customer. Are you able to reactivate the email? 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for that information, @user_truex0 When you get a 550 code, that indicates when a message is sent to a non-existent Comcast customer. These errors should be treated as an "unsubscribe" by the sender, if a bulk mailer. Are you currently an active Xfinity customer?-Richard

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

I am not an active xfinity customer at this time, but I have had this Comcast email address for about 20 years and I just want to get back into it! I signed in at least 9 months ago. I don't want to unsubscribe.. I want to get back into the account! 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you, @user_truex0  As a former Xfinity customer, you can still use your Xfinity Email address if you logged in to your account using the Xfinity Email website in the 90 days prior to disconnecting your service. Your email account will remain active if you access it using the Xfinity Email website at least once every nine months. If it did go past 9 months which it does look like the account was deactivated which we are not able to unfortunately reactivate the email address.-Richard

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Am I able to retrieve any of my old emails? Why was I not notified prior to deactivating the account? Can you tell me when the account was deactivated? I was not informed of this restriction and I've seen on other help forums that support was able to reactivate the account, what has changed? 

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

16 days ago

@user_truex0 

Comcast adopted the policy for former customers to keep using their email account about 4 1/2 or 5 years ago.  As I recall notices were sent out about that policy at that time.  Back in June, they published a new policy which prevents new customers from getting an email account at all.  Existing customers can keep whatever primary or secondary emails they had at that time, but cannot create any more new ones.  If anyone can retrieve your old messages it will be Comcast Security.  But it's a long shot-------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance------------------- Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week) 1 - 888-565-4329

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here