U

Sunday, December 10th, 2023 10:08 PM

Closed

Help changing email passwords on secondary accounts

Comcast is requiring me to change the email passwords on my secondary accounts. I have logged in via my primary account, and then tried to access the secondary accounts to perform this task. When I select the secondary account, it routes me to the account for a brief second, and then reroutes me back to my primary account. I am unable to perform any tasks before it switches back. This has happened on multiple computers on multiple days. Anyone know how to stop this from happening?

Expert

• 

2.1K Messages

10 months ago

Moved to Sign In & Account Management

Have you tried another browser to see if it works. Also, try disabling any browser extensions.

Official Employee

• 

252 Messages

Could you please send our team a direct message. Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@jweaver0312​  

Thank you for the suggestions. However, they didn't work.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

10 months ago

Thanks for posting on our community forums for assistance, @user_imaejv. Have you tried clearing out the cache and cookies on the browser you are using to complete this process? Have you tried multiple browsers? 

3 Messages

10 months ago

I have tried both techniques on different computers without success. The problem still exists.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

@user_imaejv Is the issue happening on multiple browsers as well? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_imaejv did you find a solution? It appears this comcast problem is affecting other people, too. The accepted answer on a similar post titled "Need help resetting passwords on secondary accounts" indicates that person ended up having to call (888)565-4329.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @My_Dear_Watson, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.

In order to access this account again we would need password recovery options set up. This is done by adding a 3rd party email address or cell phone number to the Xfinity ID/email box. The email address and/or cell number would need to be ones that are not associated with another Xfinity ID on your account. Do you have a different email address or cell phone number I can add and send the invitation to? Once we complete this step, you should be able to log in and access the email box once again.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here