Safetyjosh's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, April 19th, 2024 9:01 PM

Hacked Email

I keep getting my email account hacked and someone changes the secondary email and password.  I have called and talked to the security department numerous times, reset passwords, been assured that it will never happen again....so on and so forth and now it is happening every couple of days.  It happened yesterday and I talked to the security department (after an hour on the phone) and was reassured once again that everything was fine and that it wont happen again.  I just tried to login a little while ago and I was hacked again with a new email added.  Does anyone know what the heck is going on.  Im tired of resetting my password every day.  It just not worth having xfinity anymore, their system is not secure.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

5 months ago

Safetyjosh Thank you for your post on these notices and your account concerns with your secondary email addresses. This would cause me to be concerned as well however our Customer Security Assurance team is the best place to get help with any security issues. I apologize it is still happening, but I recommend reporting each instance to them directly until our team can ensure your account's safety because they are our dedicated team for online security. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I do report each instance as best as I can but it takes about an hour just to get through the customer service rep and it is often a 45 minute wait or longer to get to a security representative.  I dont have 2 hours of time to report these instances every couple days that they are now occurring.  And to make matters worse, Xfinity doesnt have a ticketing system that allows me to have a case number so I start over every single time and spend hours on the phone.  Clearly this is a systemic issue in your system and the forums and reddit are full of the exact same type of issues.  Explain how someone can delete my email address from my account when I have 2FA enabled, and replace it with a different one, considering that I have changed my password no less than 15 times int eh last 6 months....Id love to hear this explanation.  

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

5 months ago

Same thing has happened to me January, February and again twice in April 2024. I know Comcast was hacked this year!! Not only did they ask me to change my password but sent me a letter in the mail (snail mail) making sure it was in fact me that changed the password. There's really no point in hiding this Comcast, just tell us what's going on! Not only is it so unbelievably overpriced, it's now very unsafe! 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

It is absurd that they cant address this.  It seems like the hackers still have a back door into their system from the earlier breach.  

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @KCurtis2 thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to the post. I definitely understand where you're coming from in regard to account security. We do have updates about the data incident, to learn know more about the incident, please visit xfinity.com/dataincident

I have two-step verification set up for my account, which is great because I get the notification if a login attempt is made to authenticate. Here is a great step by step walk through of setting up: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/two-step-verification-xfinity-app-setup. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

2 months ago

I am having a  neighbor keep  Hacking my adr, mobile phone from infinity, my infinity internet download all different items for his family,  I never had this problem until  he move next  door,  he comes in at night and day I  all kind  peoples coming in my  apartment. 

Official Employee

• 

518 Messages

@user_cd86sd That can happen when a filter is needed. It's similar to the wireless home phones hearing the neighbors calls. It doesn't really impact your service, but some details can overlap when viewing them online. We need to have a tech place what is called a mocha filter so your connections don't have that small overlap. Send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the message icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

2 months ago

Xfinity/Comcast keeps saying we're protected since dropping Norton!! Will you seriously say anything to make us believe we're safe now, we ARE NOT!! Something's wrong with the owner/s of Comcast if they expect us to believe we're protected from hackers. I've never been hacked so many times since Comcast dropped yet another service!!! (Norton) There's no end to the disappointment to the service I get from this service now. I keep saying I'm changing - and I AM!! 

Official Employee

• 

966 Messages

Good Evening Kat2CC we take any instance of account compromise very seriously, and we want you to be able to report that at any time.  Please use the information below to reach our Xfinity Customer Security Assurance Team and report those potential compromises. 

Xfinity Report Abuse

• Business Hours: 8:00 am - 12:00 am EST, 7 days a week

1 Message

21 days ago

I tried to login to my Xfinity email and couldn't. Fortunately, I could reset my password. However, this process showed my recovery email to be my first name + "@tmail.link". I have two factor authentication on and received no email, text message, ot Xfinity app notification that anything had changed on my account. More than disturbing.

Official Employee

• 

903 Messages

@user_23vx9m, glad to hear you were able to update your password. If you received no notification, I would recommend that you also secure the email address that was originally linked if it was changed. 

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

21 days ago

I just went through something similar.   Someone hacked my email, added a secondary address and then changed the Auto Forward to some other address so I wasn't getting any emails. This happened many times...I would change my password then they would get into my email settings again and add the bogus Auto Forward email address.  This coincidently happened at the same time my Amazon account was hacked so I think their idea was that I wouldn't see anything they purchased from Amazon on my account.  I changed my password (multiple times), had Xfinity remove the secondary address (you are not able to do this on your own),  opened a new non-comcast email account, added that as the secondary address on Comcast, and then added two step identification to the account.  For some reason you have to have a non-comcast email to add two step identification.  This seems to have worked for now.  I get a text code anytime I sign into the account.

However,  I am still concerned the problem is not completely solved.   When I look at recent sign on activity in my Xfinity account, I can see when I sign on with my MAC or iPad.   But I also see a number of instances of recent sign on activity from a PC (I do not have a PC) and with an IP address other than mine.   When this happens I do not get a two step verification text.  Nothing is changing in my email account so I don't know if these are just attempted logins or actual logins.  In either case i would think I should be getting the two step verification text. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Meech,, Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to share this information on our forums page. We are happy to hear about opening a new non-Comcast email account, adding that as the secondary address on Comcast, and then adding two-step identification to the account has worked for now. How is everything holding up for you currently? I would be just as concerned if I saw suspicious activity with another PC that I don't own connecting to my network. Security concerns are important to us and you have reached the right place for assistance. If you feel like you have been a victim of online security, here is how to let the right people know. The Customer Security Assurance organization has been established to ensure a safe and secure online experience for Comcast customers. These security professionals handle issues like phishing, spam, infected computers (often called bots), online fraud, and other security issues. Their hours of operation are 6:00 AM - 2:00 AM ET/Seven days a week and can be reached at 1-888-565-4329. Here is also a helpful link to more details.

1 Message

21 days ago

I begged xfinity months ago for a new router as well as a new account from scratch because I had many issues with internet, dropping, slow, or account signing me out constantly. One day overheard female neighbor calling xfi for help getting into her xfi account due to not having the phone she supposedly used (mine) to access account. She gave my name and address and within seconds she was back into my account, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!!!! She knows my name, telephone number and address and xfinity didnt ask any kind of security questions or for any personal info that isnt listed online app. Now every device in my home is invaded. Every camera not only can they watch me but they are even photo editing videos somehow because they have gained every ip address from all devices in the app. Xfinity should have a team that looks for intrusion or masking, ip addresses being duplicated and so on. My phone is an ear for them to listen in a call or just talking in my home as well. They see every pic I take, they know my every move. They will see this message ... they are dangerous gangstar criminals. What are you going to do to stop this now!!!! I want a new account [Edited: Language] I will change my number to if I have to. Help asap

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hi there, user_obynu6! Thank you for sharing your concerns about the account. Our Customer Security Assurance team (CSA) can help. They are able to verify your identity and can get the Xfinity ID(s) updated to reflect only your information and reset the password. From there they can help you with resetting the WiFI password. If there are further concerns, they can set up a visit to replace the modem or other equipment. That team can be reached by calling 1-800-XFINITY and requesting to speak with that team. 

1 Message

19 days ago

I just called Xfinity to report an email that landed in my Spam today 19 August 2024.   It purported to be from XFINITY SERVICE and the body of the message (that I can read under preview without opening it) states "Keeping you safe and connected is our top concern My Account (then it lists my email address), We wanted to remind you that your Xfinity services will be suspended soon, and to say thank you for your time with us.  It's been our pleasure to serve you.  As a reminder, here's a quick summary of your service suspension.  Last day of service: Monday, 19 August 2024.  We were unable to process your recent payment of $98.83 with the Card on file.  Please update your payment information or make a one-time payment today to avoid...."    Sender email is: [Edited: "Personal Information"]

So last day of service they list happens to be today 19 August, my monthly payment is a set price and it 's not $98.83.   I know it's a scam but my issue is now do they know I am an Xfinity customer and more importantly how on earth did they get my email address in addition?   I called the basic customer service line and Account Executive Jasper said Xfinity knows about these types of scams and when I asked him how someone would know I have Xfinity plus have my email he could or would not answer the question.    I deleted the email without opening it but I did keep screen prints for whatever it's worth which is apparently nothing according to the canned response from Jasper.     The other suspicious component is I just got an email from Xfinity within the past fews days alerting me to my current bill, coincidence or not it's concerning.  This is a sad commentary on our society today.  Scam artists and crooks abound.

(edited)

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@user_7966ki​ 

Instead of deleting it you should have reported it to Customer Security Assurance.

Customer Security Assurance
Business Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_7966ki Thanks for posting on our community forums. Have you reported the email as spam or contacted our CSA (Customer Security Assurance) team

Visitor

• 

1 Message

18 days ago

Hacked again yesterday. Someone put a forwarding email address.  Several months ago someone actually called using my husband's name and was able to change my password.  Not sure how he was able to verify identity for the account.  Coincidentally, soon after my husband experienced identity theft. Grrrr.. Today's issue is that I am not being sent a code to my cell phone for the 2 step verification.  Comcast does not seem to be taking this seriously.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there @karenf12. I am sorry to hear that your account got hacked. We do have our amazing Customer Security Assurance team. You can actually contact them and they can help you out with your account. Here is the link to our CSA team. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here