Biff-Tannon's profile

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

Saturday, May 25th, 2024 2:13 AM

Forwarding Suspicious Emails with Attachments

Greetings and Salutations,

I get suspicious-looking phishing emails from time-to-time that I want to forward for inspection.

These emails have attachments. When I hit the forward button the attachments open. I believe malware can activate when an infected attachment opens. I do not want to open any attachments on any email that I forward.

Is there a way to forward an email without opening the attachments?

Many thanks for your input.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

Good evening @Biff-Tannon, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums regarding your phishing emails. Our expert Customer Security Assurance (CSA) team is dedicated to these types of concerns. You can report your phising emails to abuse@comcast.net by following the instructions listed here https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse. Our dedicated CSA team can also be contacted directly at 1-888-565-4329 and their hours of operation are 8:00am - 12:00am EST, 7 days a week.

I hope this information helps! 

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you XfinityAlyssaA. I'll check out the links.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Awesome @Biff-Tannon, please let us know if our CSA team is able to assist or if you have any additional questions. I hope you are having a wonderful Memorial Day! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here