Jfabr's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 4th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Forced to reset password

Twice a week I seem to be asked to change my password due to a recent security review.
No one is breaching the password and getting into my email and yet I am asked to change it.
Please help resolve this issue.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same issue @ComcastCSAEmail what do we have to do? I see you're helping people solve this but not posting this.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Having the same issue!

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

How many of us are there? I do it, then it gets  saved by Google or whatever, and then when it asks for a password again, it is put in from Google and it's always wrong. It's like a merry go round but not as much fun. What I think I am going to do is clear out all the google saves and try to start with an empty page annd maybe put them in a new book and not have them saved--I think the automatic thing is what causes it up, because it chooses last week's change instead of the last one. Does this make sense? Comcast doesn't even bother to answer the phone and when you try to contact them on the internet, you get a error page. they are disgusting.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same issue and have needed to change my pw 2x in 2 weeks.

I spoke to 2nd level support member today. He advised me that my account is getting "locked" because someone has entered 5 wrong password attempts.  These failed attempts cause the account to go on lock down which forces the actual user to change their password as a precaution. Most likely a hacker has your email/user id and is trying to work their way into your account. 

Unfortunately the email messages that I receive from Comcast don't say that my account has been locked, instead they say that my "password has successfully been changed".

When i try to logon I get a message saying that I need to change my password because suspicious activity has been detected.  I asked the 2nd level support team member why Comcast we send me an email indicating that the password was successfully changed instead of stating that my account has been locked out and he replied tht he did not know and would escalate the issue.  He said he was certain that the hacker had not successfully changed my password and had only accomplished a lockout.

I have 2 questions:

1) Why am i receiving a Comcast email saying the exact opposite of what it should? The email indicates a success hack rather than a blocked one.  This causes an unnecessary adrenaline rush.

2) I have 2FA enabled, why require me to change my password due to a hackers failed attempts. Isn't there a better solution? You can notify the user that this has occurred and prompt them to make sure that their password is solid. Instead, you are requiring users whose accounts are being probed to change their pw every time their is a failed attempt.

email.GIF

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@toom21 @Jfabr I can confirm that our system has processed password resets due to Authentication attempts from: Russia, Brazil, Georgia, China, Cambodia, United Kingdom, Colombia, Thailand, Bangladesh, India, etc. Do either of you by chance use VPNs when accessing your emails?

@comersnach @MSB3 @Jennifer51 I'm not seeing any Comcast forced password resets for any of you. You may be experiencing issues with your devices, like @MSB3 mentioned - if you use the "save my password" function within your devices/browsers it is highly likely it may be malfunctioning and inputting a wrong password when you are attempting to sign in. I recommend clearing out saved passwords and also running a clear on cache & cookies to be sure and see if you still experience issues. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here