U

Saturday, January 6th, 2024 8:25 PM

Closed

Forced password change now can’t get email on phone

I was forced to do a password change a few days ago. Ever since then I’ve been having trouble getting emails on my iPhone. Yesterday it kept saying my password was wrong and I know it is correct because I can login using that password in a web browser. I changed the saved password in the settings, so it should be working. I tried deleting the account off my phone and then re adding it, but now it will not allow me to do that because my username or password is ”wrong.” 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

9 months ago

@user_h2c5d9 Thanks for reaching out. You may need to double check your email settings, to ensure they are configured correctly to receive your 'Comcast.net' email. Here is a great document outlining the steps, and configuration. How To Set Up Your Xfinity Email Address With an Email Program

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

There seems to be a global issue or significant change that has impacted this. Has Comcast identified an issue and/or has the setup info changed in last week or 2?  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

This did not work for me. I am having the same problem. It is very annoying

1 Message

Same, I've been trying to "fix" this for hours; time I don't have. Like most people, I rely on my emails for personal, business use and everything in between. This is simply not acceptable in 2024! 

Official Employee

• 

867 Messages

@user_9xt2fc What troubleshooting have you done on your end? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 months ago

I too am having the issue of being able to receive email to both my MacBook Pro email account and on my iPhone, however I cannot send.  I am sure I entered the password correctly.  I deleted the account and when I went to add it back I receive the message "that account already exists"   And it will not go beyond that.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I am sorry to hear you are getting that error message @user_k4exus Have you tried to fully remove the email client and re download to add your email?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

2 months ago

After spending over an hour trying to update the password and failing this is what worked for me on my android galaxy:

Logged into xfinity email account on my desk top - was forced to change the password - then I logged out.

opened my email program on my phone and after unsuccessfully trying to change the password in the email server setup, I exited the email program, then found it and opened it from my program folder in the phone and it instantly asked for the new password and it took and its working fine now - quirk for sure - wish I could upload screen captures here as that would explain it very simply 

1 Message

This didn't work for me unfortunately.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_cdwfsq, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. Are you still having issues accessing your email? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here