ttraverz's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 13th, 2021 2:00 PM

Closed

Error message only for email: DNS server is not responding

Outlook connected using the pop mail connections.

The outlook will sometimes lose connection and will not load incoming mail.

Connected throught the WiFi.

Trying the network connection repair returns the DNS not responding, but says the computer is configured correctly. The connection is ONLY with the comcast mail DNS connections.

If I reboot, the connection is reestablished for the email. Later it will lose the connection and the same error message. At times I will use the connection to disconnect and reconnect. Occassionally, that works but mostly it requires a reboot.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

4 years ago

@ttraverz Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your DNS issues. I am sorry to hear that you are having some trouble connecting your email through outlook. I am also very sorry for the delay between responses and truly appreciate your patience and time. I would love to assist you with the email issues. This link should help you with steps to set up your emails  https://comca.st/3a0K1fi. If you still need assistance after attempting the steps within this link please feel free to reach back out here at any time. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

A quick look shows IMAP. The problem is there is no way to convert pop3 to IMAP cleanly.
You have to set up a new account.
Lose extensive amount of folders, which have old as well as recent emails.
It takes over a day for the server to download and if you try to the restore the files, you get a to of duplicates. This turns out to be about a week’s project. I keep use the PC as an electron file cabinet. I use an IPhone as well, No intent to have them mirror each other. Phone storage space is precious, PC abundant. I only want the phone to have current.
Pop3 problem. This was set up prior to IMAP. I can see changing. A very painful option.
I used this reference before and tech support at Comcast and at MS Office (PC version, not cloud).

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 years ago

@ttraverz our support with Outlook or any mail client is going to be limited but it sounds like there's a chance your internet connection is hindering your ability to use your email software. If you can send us a private message with your name, and service address we can take a closer look at your service.  If you have never sent us a PM this link can come in handy. The "Private Messenger" section at the bottom is a good reference to use. https://comca.st/3iMaNMk

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

The link above does not work.

The phone support does not work.

@ttraverz our support with Outlook or any mail client is going to be limited but it sounds like there's a chance your internet connection is hindering your ability to use your email software. If you can send us a private message with your name, and service address we can take a closer look at your service. If you have never sent us a PM this link can come in handy. The "Private Messenger" section at the bottom is a good reference to use. https://comca.st/3iMaNMk

It is frustrating that Comcast has not supported Outlook on one's PC. Not everyone wants their email on the cloud, whether it is comcast or microsoft. This is a huge hole. Outlook is NOT a small email application. Do you want everyone using Gmail so google can data mine your private communications? This is a ridiculous way to run a company. 20 years as a customer, and what do we get? Ahhh, not my job. That is not support. It is your DNS for the receiving mail that is not functioning. I don't accept blaming it on a mail program. Fix your stuff.

Work around (seems to work)

1> cmd

ipconfig / flushdns

Then disconnect the wireless connection and auto-connect again. In bound mail comes through.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello, @ttraverz! I do apologize you have not been able to reach us. We would like to look into your concern a bit closer. Contacting us directly through our Community Forums has changed just a bit. 

Please send us a chat message with your first and last name. The Peer to Peer chat icon is located at the top right of the Community Forum page, clicking on the chat icon will allow you to initiate a chat conversation with us directly. Please ensure you are sending your message to our 'Xfinity Support' handle.

Thank you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here