U

Friday, January 12th, 2024 3:53 PM

Closed

emails have disappeared

My emails from 12/18/23 to 1/12/24 have disappeared off my phone this morning. Even worse, all the emails from those dates that were deleted are back in my mailboxes. The missing emails have vital information that I need. What is the fix for this?

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

9 months ago

All,

This morning’s issue affecting customers’ ability to send/receive their Xfinity email has been addressed. You should now be able to use your service as you would normally, including seeing any missing emails. If you continue to experience these issues, please let us know.

2 Messages

I still can not see any missing emails. I have important documents in the emails that are missing. Some are dated years ago. I have tried the fix but the important emails aren't in my trash

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

9 months ago

Same problem on every device I have

Official Employee

• 

287 Messages

@user_1d0f01 Were you able to recover your emails through these steps? If using Outlook and those emails that were deleted are back, there's instructions here that might be enabled causing those to not be deleted. And check here to see if you have third-party email management enabled. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

They are not back and nothing is helping bring them back. I feel as though this is an xfinity server issue. Please fix!!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_xj31i1 I have an update! We are currently working to resolve the email issues. My apologies for the inconvenince this has caused you today. Our team will check in with you once it's resolved. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

Fixed. All emails have arrived back. Must have been a server issue. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_xj31i1 Thanks for the update! Glad to know your emails are back. Did you have anymore questions or concerns for us today? 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

9 months ago

Hi @user_xj31i1. Thanks for bringing your missing emails to our attention. I have a link that will walk you through recovering deleted emails. Please click this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/recover-deleted-email from our amazing help and support site and let us know if those emails return. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

In my case, I did not delete they emails.....they just disappeared.  About 3-4 days of email is just gone.

4 Messages

@XfinityKei​ Emails were NOT deleted or archived. They simply disappeared. I have also gotten previously deleted emails from December placed back into my inbox. All of my emails that were in my inbox, sent items and all other mailboxes that I personally have created from 12/17/23 to 1/11/24 have DISAPPEARED without me doing anything at all. These emails contain vital information and cannot be lost. What is going on? How is this happening?

(edited)

4 Messages

@XfinityKei​  The emails are not in the trash folder.  And it will not let me move anything from trash to inbox either.

(edited)

4 Messages

@XfinityKei​ I used the link, but none of my inbox was put into trash, its just gone.  I am not receiving any new emails either.  I sent myself an email from my work email, and i am not receiving anything to my inbox.   Also, it will not let me move from another folder to my inbox.  I keep getting an error.  

(edited)

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_6tgnf0​ Please completely log out of the email tool, clear browser cache and cookies, and log back in. Please let us know if you do not see those missing emails returned. 

1 Message

9 months ago

all emails from 1/3/2024 through today are missing and there is nothing in the trash folder. I have not gotten one email delivered today. Please help.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello there @user_dz901b!  Thanks so much for taking the time to voice your service concerns here on our Community Forum.  We are here to help in any way that we can to ensure you are having a top tier experience with your service.  No worries!  You've reached out to the tight team to get things squared away for you.  So that we can get started, please feel free to shoot us a private message.  Then we can take a look at what is happening on your end.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

8 months ago

Help! My emails are missing from 12/22/23 to present.  I need them.  They have critical information 

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hello, @user_jl5eja! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear that you are missing emails. I would be frustrated as well if I had important emails going missing! Are these emails missing from your email client or are they missing from your webmail (where you log into the Xfinity website to get your email)?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

My emails are disappearing. How do I fix this problem?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here