U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, November 29th, 2022 6:55 PM

Email

Yesterday at 12;30pm, Comcast sent me an email to reset my password. I did that, and my email account shut down. And, although working on it most of today, we have not been able to get the email account reactivated. What to do?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Same here. Resetting my password works ONLY on the Comcast site; I still can't download or read email on my laptop, desktop or cell phone. This [Edited: "Language"].

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

455 Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for letting us know about the trouble you're having with your email, @user_21d268. We can help with this. To ensure we're on the same page, are you attempting to log into your email using our website, or is this through a third party application?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityJoshuaE​    The email address in question is linked to a Comcast business account I closed in 2017 - although I still used the email address with no problems - [Edited: "Personal Information"]. Last Monday comcast sent me an email at that address telling me the account may have been compromised. Comcast changed the password to protect the account and sent me a link for me to change the password. The link sent me to my comcast residential account, where it is impossible to change the password for an email linked to a business account, especially since the account was closed. Yesterday I reactivated the business account to get access to the email. The business account today shows the e-mail linked, but does not give me a way to change the e-mail password. So, I'm stuck. I hope I did not confuse you.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

455 Messages

Thanks for the clarification. We never want something like this to happen to your email. Since this is a Business class email, we'll need to get you in touch with our Business team to have this resolved ASAP. Is this something you're able to complete?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I have spoken with more than a dozen Comcast associates over four days with no resolution. 

Official Employee

• 

503 Messages

I am sorry to hear that this has not been resolved. I would recommend contacting our Business team at (800) 391-3000. They are there for you 24/7.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Called the number two times over the past week.  No help. Second time I was on the phone for 2 hours and 15 minutes! The last person I spoke with opened a ticket, and I later found out, closed the ticket right after I hung up!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here