U

Friday, September 27th, 2024 1:41 PM

Email toolbar

How can I access the options to add icons on the email toolbar?  According to the help page(“5.1.1. The Email toolbar”)below, I should have access to all these but I don’t.  The email toolbars on my other accounts are different.

“5.1.1. The Email toolbar”

• View. Opens a menu with checkboxes for controlling the view.

• Defining the layout of the list and detail view: Vertically, Compact, Horizontally

• List. Shows the list of emails. To display the detail view click on an email. Above the detail view a navigation bar will be displayed.

• Use categories. Opens or closes the categories bar.

• Configure. Opens the window for configuring the categories bar.

• Folder view. Opens or closes the folder view.

• Checkboxes. Displays checkboxes in the list, for marking objects.

• Text preview. Shows a preview of the email content for each email in the list.

• Contact pictures. Next to each email in the list, a contact picture of the sender will be displayed, provided the sender saved one in the address book.

• Date and time. Shows the exact date and time when the email was received.

• Message size. Shows the email size.

• Vacation notice. Opens the Vacation notice window.

• All attachments. Shows all email attachments that you have sent or received, in the Drive app.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 days ago

How can I access the options to add icons on the email toolbar? ...

Where are you seeing this? It does not appear to be the list of options in Comcast/Xfinity webmail.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

2 Messages

Since I could not find any information directly on the FAQ’s and the chat assistant, I searched on Safari and brought me to a page ( at the web address  “connect.Xfinity.com”) that heads “5.7.1  Working with tabs”.  At the bottom of the page, there are links in blue type, and I clicked on “The Email category bar”.   Then at the bottom in blue is “The Email toolbar”.

5.7.1. Working with tabs

Tabs allow you to save incoming emails in the Inbox folder separated by senders. If clicking on a category, only the emails assigned to this category will be shown in the display area. The following options exist:

• enable or disable tabs

• assign incoming emails to a tab

• edit the tabs view

How to enable or disable the usage of tabs:

1. Click on View in the toolbar.

2. Enable or disable the Use categories checkbox below Inbox.

How to assign incoming emails in the inbox to categories:

1. Select the Inbox folder in the folder view.

Emails that have not been assigned to a category yet, are displayed in the category General.

2. Drag an email from the list to a category in the categories bar and drop it there.

You can also select an email. Click the Set category icon in the toolbar. Select a category from the menu.

A pop-up window notifies you that the email has been moved to the category.

3. In order to finish the process, do one of the following:

• In order to only move the selected email to the category, close the pop-up window.

• In order to move all existing and future incoming emails from this sender to the category, click on Move all messages.

How to edit the tabs view:

1. Click on View in the toolbar. Click on Configure below Inbox.

You can also double-click or right-click on a category in the categories bar.

The Configure categories window opens.

2. To enable or disable a tab, enable or disable the respective checkbox.

To rename a tab, edit the respective text.

Note: Some tabs can not be edited.

In order to hide the categories bar, click on Disable categories.

3. Click on Save.

User interface: