U

Monday, June 17th, 2024 3:43 PM

Email spam is out of control.

I worked with an agent to make sure my spam filter was on a few weeks ago (which it already was), and was given the instructions to forward the source content from spam emails I receive to your "abuse" email address. I've been doing this almost daily for three weeks and the amount of spam emails I am getting is worse than ever. The spam filter does nothing.  What am I supposed to do?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 months ago

Hello, thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. If you have been forwarding the source content of spam emails to the "abuse" email address as instructed by the agent, but the spam filter is not working, and you are still receiving a high amount of spam emails, there are a few steps you can take. First, check the settings under "Spam Filtering" to ensure that the option to automatically move spam messages to the Spam folder is enabled. Next, verify if email forwarding is enabled under the "Email Preference" tab and make sure there are no unknown email addresses listed in the "Forward all emails to..." box. If these settings are correct, and you are still experiencing issues, you may need to escalate the problem to the CSA (Customer Security Assurance) team. You can contact them by following this link: https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/ or by calling CSA Toll-Free Number: 1-888-565-4329.

2 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ I checked both things you suggested and yes, spam filtering is on, however it has been on all along and is not helping. I also checked the email forwarding settings. It is empty.  I went to that link to escalate, but there isn't a way to just open a report or contact directly. All I saw was a tab for spam and email phishing and all the steps I have already done. Is there somewhere specific I need to go at that link?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

That is a great question @user_k7qh4y. If you have already followed those links and done all of those steps the best option is to contact the security team directly at the number on the site, they are there 7 days a week. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I get a lot of spam email. Why does most of it have a user****@comcast.net  where**** is a random number set. Also lately I've. been seeing usg****@comcast.net. Does xfinity give out these userids to someone????

rle

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @rle1955, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. Here is a link with instructions on how to mark emails as spam https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/mark-email-as-spam-xfinity-connect. Please let us know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here