U

Sunday, April 21st, 2024 11:16 AM

email settings

Over the last 24 hours, I keep getting this error.

"The provided login data to access mail server imap.comcast.net seem to be wrong. Please correct them."

How do I correct the login data?  I have not changed anything and am confused what login data I am suppose to correct.

Thanks,

N

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

Hello, @user_ty9ndp. I'm sorry to hear you're getting this error message when attempting to log into your email. I'd be more than happy to help figure out a solution to this problem you're experiencing.

Is this happening when logging in via the xfinity.com website?Have you tried resetting your password?

2 Messages

This was happening on the xfinity website and when I did go change my password it was fixed.

Thanks,

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

I'm glad this was resolved by simply updating your password, @user_ty9ndp. Since I have you here, is there anything else I can help you with today? How's your internet service working out for you?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

I too am getting that error message when I'm trying to get my Xfinity email on the web. I have tried to correct the issue by changing my password but that doesn't help. Any other suggestions?

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@Erkenbcw​ 

I too am getting that error message when I'm trying to get my Xfinity email on the web. I have tried to correct the issue by changing my password but that doesn't help. Any other suggestions?

Have you deleted your cache and cookies and tried signing in again?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thx for the quick response. Ok, so I deleted the Cache and returned to Xfinity email and there was no change. I'm a little worried about deleting all of the cookies for all of the websites for fear that may create more problems. Can you be more specific about which websites I should delete cookies for? Thx.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sorry for the mistake in my latest response BUT I cleared all COOKIES and restarted my computer but that didn't change anything for the Xfinity email. It's the CACHE that I'm worried about. After reading an article in MacWorld, deleting Caches should be done carefully, especially not deleting system cache. So, I'm not sure which ones to delete. Any suggestions for how I should handle this? I apologize that I am not that literate on computer functioning and details and I don't want to make the situation and worse. Thx for any additional advice you can give.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @Erkenbcw. If you are still having issues with your email service we can look into that further from here for you. Please send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

I have the same problem with a secondary account.  I've been locked out for weeks and have reset my pwd several times, cleared cache, rebooted, etc.  Nothing works.  This secondary acct is used as login for several sites and this is a real pain. I've contacted support and all is get is "reset the pwd".  I tried the DM link about but it doesn't work.   Can you help?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here