U

Wednesday, October 9th, 2024 6:00 PM

Email sender blocked

A legitimate email sender has been trying to send me multiple messages that do not reach me - not via inbox or spam folder. This person is in my address book. 

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

Please help! Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

826 Messages

6 days ago

Hey there, user_3m5qo9. Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums. That is certainly strange that the emails are not reaching you. How are you accessing your comcast.net email? Are you using a 3rd party mail client?

4 Messages

Hi! I'm opening the email account via the xfinity website directly, not through a 3rd party mail. We had tried multiple times and the emails are not reaching me.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_3m5qo9 Thank you, is this the only sender that is being impacted currently? We do have a Spam filter that works on the back end for all Xfinity customers if the domain trying to send you a message has been reported in the past as SPAM they may have a block if they are the only sender impacted. If that is the case you can share the information here with the sender to help get their email removed from that block. 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB - could you please re-check the site with the info on SPAM set up? The link above does not work. And yes, from what I know, this is the only sender that is impacted. Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

826 Messages

Thank you for clarifying that for us @user_3m5qo9! I am sorry that link was not working, you would want to send the details here to the person attempting to email you. Please let us know if those steps resolve the emails coming through. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

29.6K Messages

3 days ago

@user_3m5qo9 

Question:

Is the sender in question getting any kind of a bounce or error message from Comcast?  Also, are you sure they aren't sending to the wrong address?  A typo or something at their end?

4 Messages

Hi @Latoque - yes, I need to ask again about the error message they are receiving; something along the lines that the email could not be delivered and to contact the Administrator. They are using the right email address - responding directly to my emails, which are getting to them with no issues!

I'm following up on the advice from Adrienne and we'll see what happens...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here