pepgrls's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, January 24th, 2024 7:02 PM

Closed

Email search function cannot find emails in my inbox

Searching for emails by sender: Only those that I have filed in specific folders show up as "found". All others come up as "no matching items found" when there are literally dozens of them in my inbox. This issue came up suddenly two weeks ago. I've tried clearing my cache, switching browsers - no luck. What can I do?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

9 months ago

Have you attempted to try a different device pepgrls? That would be the best way to isolate the issue. If you attempt on a different device with no issue, that would be ideal to troubleshoot. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

I've tried it on my husband's laptop and while he can search his Xfinity inbox successfully for emails, I still cannot. I have the same issue whether I am on Firefox, Chrome or Edge.

Official Employee

• 

536 Messages

Thanks for confirming your troubleshooting steps @pepgrls. Please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address so we can further investigate.

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Raf, thank you for responding. I have already done that and so far Xfinity support staff have not been able to figure it out either. I'm sure you communicate with a lot of people, but I think you were one of the people I communicated with by DM (or another Raf). I'm waiting for an update since 1/29/24. Thank you.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Good afternoon @pepgrls, we apologize you are still experiencing this issue and see that you are waiting for an update. This is a known issue that our engineering team has been working on for some time. At this time, we do not have an estimated fix time. We are sorry there are no updates to share at this time. Our repair team has advised use crtl F to use the browser's built-in find feature as a workaround in the meantime. We appreciate you working with us and hope to see the issue fixed in the future.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here