jabotee's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 15th, 2024 3:53 AM

email scams

Recieved an email. Header was Comcast 7463. The email identified me as the sender. How is this possible ?
Then a couple of days ago my wife received a phone call from a person stating to be a comcast employee and that the security updates sent by comcast for my router were not uploading. That I needed to go online for something and it does not cost anything. I told him to go scam someone else. The phone number they called from disappeared from the call log on the phone.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

5 months ago

jabotee Thank you so much for letting us know you are getting these suspicious emails and calls. Please take a few moments to report the issue here to our security team so we can help make sure this does not keep happening or happen to other customers. https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse

1 Message

Link above doesn't work. Please provide a place to report.  I am being constantly told I have a billing failure or acct suspension but online everything is ok and there are no messages.  Looks like legit email but isn't from you.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

I've been getting these too.  Heading is "Comcast7030" (the number varies) and the sender and recipient are both my email address.  Subject is "Important information" but there is no content.  Houston, I think we have a problem.  I put them in the trash.

(edited)

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@Tohasu​ 

I've been getting these too.  Heading is "Comcast7030" (the number varies) and the sender and recipient are both my email address.  Subject is "Important information" but there is no content.  Houston, I think we have a problem.  I put them in the trash.

You should report them at the link supplied by @XfinityAmandaB .

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

2 months ago

I am getting suspicious emails stating bill suspension and that I need to update my information.  I know for a fact that there are no questions from Xfinity on our account.

2 Messages

2 months ago

Link above doesn't work. Please provide a place to report.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_15mkos! I see our awesome expert Again posted a new link. Were you able to access the site using the new link?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here