Spark430's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Dec 21, 2020 7:00 PM

Email problems

Email loads to my iPhone and tablet ,will not load to my computer!  I have reworked my home network new modem, and new Wi-Fi router older model Mac computer.  The modem and router are working fine, because I am getting the emails to the iPhone and tablet.  The main reason for the reworked network was to set up a voip telephone through xfinity and that works ok.  I think the problem is in my E-mail settings because comcast no longer used POP 3 in there settings .  What do you all think?

Responses

Again

Expert

• 

25.8K Messages

6 m ago

@Spark430 wrote:

Email loads to my iPhone and tablet ,will not load to my computer!  I have reworked my home network new modem, and new Wi-Fi router older model Mac computer.  The modem and router are working fine, because I am getting the emails to the iPhone and tablet.  The main reason for the reworked network was to set up a voip telephone through xfinity and that works ok.  I think the problem is in my E-mail settings because comcast no longer used POP 3 in there settings .  What do you all think?

What email settings are you using?

Are you getting any error messages when trying to get email on your computer?

If you're not getting any email on your computer, check your iPhone and iPad to make sure they are set to leave messages on the server.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 m ago

Thank you for your response , the error message is connection error . But here is a new issue I get the email after a reboot of the Mac. Then latter on when checking the email the connection error pops up. At present I am working on Christmas family dinner so my attention is eleswhere.

I hope you all have a merry Christmas and be safe.

New to the Community?

Start Here