U

Wednesday, November 22nd, 2023 12:04 PM

Closed

Email password error

It’s been days and I cannot get into my email! I keep receiving an error that the password needs to be reset. I’ve searched the community forum and tried everything that has been suggested by other users and tech-support without success. According to Comcast representative that I finally got on the phone, this is a widespread issue and I just need to wait. Without email, it is impossible to do my job, schoolwork, and access some of my travel documents for the holiday this week. Did anyone successfully repair their email password?

Accepted Solution

12 Messages

8 months ago

We were able to get ours done yesterday.  You have to call on the phone, talk to someone in account security, and they should be able to generate a MANUAL reset code for you.  I recommend that you try logging into the account and click through the reset process while the agent is still on the phone and go ahead and reset your password so you don't have to call back if something doesn't work properly (we didn't have an issue when we did ours, but Murphy's law...).  Also, if you have more than one account that needs the reset, have them take care of all of them - each account will need its own code.  And you can't repeat a password, so go ahead and think about what password you want to use with your accounts.  And if you don't have recovery email (non-comcast) addresses already available, you might want to go ahead and create them at whatever your preferred free email provider is so you can go ahead and add it as recovery when you reset the password (just make sure you can access it because it will want to send you a verification code that you'll need to enter).  Good luck.

3 Messages

Thanks you for all those details! I am going to call now and will update later if it worked. 

3 Messages

@user_xf0y5y​ 

THANK YOU! well over an hour on hold but worth it! The security phone support was able to provide a reset code. Thanks for the tip too about doing it while they were on the phone - that was key. For anyone else with the same problem, the number for the security department is 888-565-4329.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

I'm having the same issue with both mine and my wife's login. Started yesterday afternoon (21 Nov).  We're unable to log in to e-mail on any web browser or phone, can't log in to Xfinity account on the website, etc.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

same issue...error page pops up and asks to check spelling of connect.xfinity.com!  There is a refresh button but that does no good.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here