U

Sunday, July 21st, 2024 1:47 PM

Email on iPhone Mail app

I’ve not been receiving emails on iPhone mail app for a few days.  I logged into the website and discovered I was being required to reset my password.  When I did this, I also learned that I needed to delete my email account on my iPhone’s Mail app and change from POP3 to IMAP. So, I did this and entered the new password.  Upon opening the Mail app, I immediately began receiving new emails from the last few days. When I went to reply to an email, I was advised that the user name and password didn’t match.  I’ve entered and re-entered my credentials several times and am now two and a half hours into trying to figure this out.  I’m using all the recommended SMTP settings. What am I missing?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 months ago

@user_bbxeir Welcome to our community forum! Thank you for reaching out so we can make sure you're able to send Emails. When you sign into our webpage can you send and receive mail? 

2 Messages

@XfinityEmilyB​ yeah that’s not helping at all. A lot of us have been having email connection issues with our iOS devices with Xfinity for months. And guess what now even the web interface is totally broken. Meaning it doesn’t work, it continually reloads itself showing a generic login screen for username and password  despite already being logged into our accounts. Yeah, so just ask more <Edited: Inflammatory> questions. See how they didn’t reply? Because it’s customer service like this that drives us to using other companies instead of wasting our time with useless canned responses <Edited: Inflammatory>. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hi, there, @user_bbxeir! I apologize that your emails have not been coming through. I understand that is frustrating to go through and we are on the same page with wanting to see it resolved. Each time I have helped with this, it has been the same root cause. If there are no password reset options set up with the Xfinity ID that the email address is attached to, you will get put in the sign in loop and iOS will not allow the emails to come through.

Our Customer Security Assurance Department (CSA) can get those added for you. They usually ask for a password reset at that point. From there, you can put the new password into the email program and things will work once again. Our CSA team can be reached by calling 1-800-XFINITY and requesting that team. They are open from 8 AM-12 AM, 7 days a week. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here