U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 8th, 2021 5:40 PM

Closed

E-mail on Android Device Stopped Working

As of December 1, my e-mail app on my Samsung S10 can no longer validate my comcast.net e-mail account.  Attempting to set up the account again as shown on https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/android-configure-comcast-email doesn't allow me to enter the password in step 3.  As soon as I tap on the password field, it takes me to step 4, where after I enter my password I get an error message saying "Unable to validate account", and the screen in step 3 is shown with a blank password field, since I can't enter it there.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I reconfigured the account manually in the email app rather than using the automated setup and now it works.  The server settings (POP3: SSL, port 995, SMTP: TLS,  port 587) had been retained from earlier and appear to be correct.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_444ea9

Thank You!!   The manual configuration solved the problem - and I am VERY grateful.  

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

@user_cbef47 I am glad to hear that manual configuration fixed it! I recommend checking out this article, The Difference Between IMAP and POP - Xfinity Connect Help, to make sure you have it set up to work the best for your circumstances.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

897 Messages

2 years ago

Hey! We would be more than happy to look into your e-mail concerns. Do you happen to know if you encounter any issues logging in to your account using the Xfinity Connect web portal

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Using the web portal (xfinity.connect.com) works fine, as does my Outlook 365 connection.  Only the Samsung e-mail app stopped working.

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@user_444ea9

Gotcha! Thank you for letting us know. It sounds like you do have the settings open to have 3rd party access to your email since you can get it through Outlook 365 but we would check to be sure and rule out a setting preventing this access through your Android. Can you log into Xfintiy Connect and follow these steps, please?

In the top-right corner, click the Gear icon, then select Settings.

Click Security.

Uncheck or uncheck the box under Third Party Access Security to prevent or allow third-party programs access to your Xfinity Connect email.

Please keep in mind that we recommend using the Connect site for a secure log in with your email. Using 3rd party email clients can open you to security risks at times. You would be reliant on the security features of whichever email client you access your email through.

Please let us know if this works but if not, we will keep working with you.

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityDevinC 

I have a similar issue.  I cannot connect to the email server using outlook on PC or any mail app on my android phone.  It worked fine a few days ago.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityDevinC

This had no effect.  This setting was checked already, I changed it to unchecked and back to checked and the Android mail app always said "unable to validate account."  It's not a password issue, because if I entered the wrong password as a test, the Xfinity login page (mentioned as step 4 above) told me the password was wrong.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I reconfigured the account manually in the email app rather than using the automated setup and now it works.  The server settings (POP3: SSL, port 995, SMTP: TLS,  port 587) had been retained from earlier and appear to be correct.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Same for me ..  NOT RESOLVED.  Was working fine.  Now, no inbox our outbox settings work.
I'm on Android 8 - did XFINITY stop support for Android 8 and NOT tell us (again, like prior versions of Android).

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @NotHappyWC. Is this issue with all 3rd party clients or just your phone? You have already checked/confirmed settings, correct? What app are you using? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I had to go into my Comcast email settings and check a box (that I never unchecked) in order to get my Samsung S10 to resume allowing Comcast email to work again.

From my xfinity connect email inbox, I clicked the Settings cog in the upper right, then Security from the left Menu Bar, then I had to tick the "Third Party Access Security" box. Either this is a new feature that defaults to "unchecked", or it unchecked itself as I tried and failed to reconnect my Comcast email to my android mail app. Quite frustrating, but solved now.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@wwdorner​  Correcting myself, an exchange with xfinity Tech Support learned that they are working on a solution to this problem. I was unable to get imap using the method above, only pop. Therefore I did not get any of my folders. I have not tried to use imap this week, but I will probably do so today.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

It has to do with the samsung VERSION OF EMAIL APP.  my older phone has an older version of the APP works fine, newer phone NO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!! MIGHT TRY OLDER VERSION ON NEW PHONE..

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having an issue getting my email on my S10 after I changed my Xfinty password.  It worked fine before I changed my password. I recieve my email fine on my PC after updating the new xfinty password.  I can log into my xfinity account fine with the new password.  I've tried the above solution, still not working.  

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention, @user_ea3380. We want you to get your emails, and we're here to help. Are you unable to login via your phone's web browser to see emails, or is this issue strictly with 3rd party apps?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

How do you manually reset as others have said they did?  Already tried the checking of thevalliw third party and not working 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_c18de3. This link will cover the set-up options depending on the type of program you are using https://comca.st/3uLtebK It also covers manual entry if needed.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Have read thru all the threads, verified my identity umteen times, reset server settings umteen times per this link (https://comca.st/3uLtebK), and my email still won't sync on my Samsung 21 since it stopped on 4/7/22. "Couldn't verify account. Username or password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP access isn't turned on for this account...." Never had this issue before on my Samsung phones and have no issue accessing my Comcast email on my laptop, tablet or desk PC at work. 

I give up.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_8d9052​ 

What app are you using on your phone?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here