user_293r78's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, June 8th, 2024 6:23 PM

Email not working

One of my emails is not working at all on one Win11 and on the Win laptop. I have tried all things to fix. Even removed that email and tried to start it from scratch and I've had no luck. It works on another Win11 and on cellphone. I get a message on my laptop " The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them." I cannot seem Ito find a setting that works. They worked very well for years. It was working on these computers until a few weeks ago. The email service I've been using has not changed. I use Xfinity Connect for all of them. 

Is there any help? 

Thanks, Marion

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

Concern moved here to the E-mail help section for assistance.

1 Message

2 months ago

One of our Comcast email accounts has not been working for two to three weeks now.  My husband’s account is working fine, just as both accounts have for many years. But now every time I try to access my email account through Outlook, I get an error message. I currently get my email by going to the Xfinity website. This is definitely not as convenient as clicking on the Outlook icon on my desktop! I get an error message when I am retrieving email on the Xfinity site also. The following is the error message I have been receiving.

“ERROR

The provided login data to access mail server imap.comcast.net seem to be wrong. Please correct them.”

I’ve changed passwords and anything I can think of.  Nothing seems to work.

I would appreciate any assistance anyone can give me to fix this problem.  I can’t access email on any of my devices.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_w8ns3z Have you tried using the 'Try New Outlook' it is located on the upper right of Outlook. We have had customers tell us when they toggle that it resolves the issues you're experiencing.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here