PurpleDra6onfly's profile

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

Friday, December 1st, 2023 4:48 PM

Closed

Email new formatting menu

On iPhone when using the Xfinity connect mobile site there’s a new text formatting menu that pops in at the top when I try to compose or forward an email. It covers the To, CC and Subject fields. It cannot be closed or made smaller and it will not go away rendering email useless on my iPhone. It just happened this week. Is anyone else having this problem?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

10 months ago

Hello PurpleDra6onfly

To the right of the 11pt listed font size, you will see a directional triangle in a lighter gray color. If you touch that triangle it will collapse the menu you are seeing. Thank you for reaching out! 

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityThomasB​ No, that arrow is to activate the pull down menu for the font size and that’s all it does! There should be an X that closes or collapses the menu. There isn’t one. You need to fix this!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

One my colleagues actually noticed issue. You have increased the font size in your iOS profile on phone. To view the functions in question, you must decease the size of your font. I included the link here below on how you would reduce the font size. 

You will even notice that Apple provides you with the disclaimer on the instructions. (Making the text too large might make it hard to tap buttons or other functions within apps. Go back to your settings and adjust the font size as needed.)

1. Go to Settings > Accessibility, then select Display & Text Size.

2. Tap Larger Text for larger font options.

3. Drag the slider to select the font size you want.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/102453

Once you make this adjustment, then log out of the Xfinity Connect and then back in, everything will be normal. Thank you again. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

So what you’re saying is that your UX/UI designers and programmers are incapable of making this fully responsive to be compliant with people with a disability who require a larger font size in iOS. That’s unacceptable. I have vision problems. If I change my font size I won’t be able to do anything on my iPhone. This is a serious accessibility issue that Xfinity needs to correct. You should not be telling a person with a vision disability that the problem is theirs and they need to change their font size. Hire competent programmers and designers and make this accessible. That is the answer. Xfinity needs to fix this.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@PurpleDra6onfly​ aren't you able to pinch the screen to make it bigger?  [I'm Android] 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

No, the way they've designed it there's nothing I can do except set the iOS font to small which renders my phone unusable because of my vision disability. Xfinity needs to fix this accessibility issue.

1 Message

7 months ago

I have the same problem and it started about a week ago. I am unable to respond to any emails because of the header option bar being in the way. Then when I go back to my in box I have 2 sets of header bars. My phone is useless for responding to email.  HELP!

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

@user_aia24q​ Yes, exactly. The only way to get rid of the two menus is to logout and come back. I finally gave up and figured out how to use the Mail app on my iPhone. It took some sleuthing to find out how to make it work. I’m much happier no longer dealing with their garbage interface. And as you can see Xfinity just wants to claim that the problem is ours, not their poor design. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here