U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, October 11th, 2021 5:10 PM

Closed

Email Inbox Disappeared

All of my inbox emails disappeared yesterday (10/10/21).  I use Microsoft Outlook but they are all gone when I log into my Xfinity email too.  I desperately need them back as they contain important tax information and other documents I must access.  What happened and how do I get them back?????

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_d62834. Thank you for sending us a message on our Forums channel, it's never fun experiencing issues with your email especially when you have such important information that you need. Have you attempted to check if the emails are in your trash folder? Follow these steps to confirm and recover deleted emails in the even they are there:

Recovering Deleted Email

1. Go to https://comca.st/2YHGl0d and log in with your email address and password.
  2. Go to the mailbox by clicking on the Email tab.
  3. Right-click on the Trash folder or click on the More Actions icon (three lines) next to the trash folder, then select Recover Deleted Items.
    Mail tab > More Actions (three lines) icon > Recover Deleted Items.

4. Select the messages to be restored, then click Move Selected Items.
    Recover Deleted Items screen. Move Selected items button at bottom right.

5. Select the appropriate destination folder and click OK or Move.

Notes:

• You will have 30 days to recover deleted emails before they become permanently unavailable.
  • You can select multiple messages by clicking the first email in your list, holding Shift and then clicking the last email in your list.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityGabby

I am very tech savvy and of course the first thing I did was check my deleted box, and they are not there.  They are GONE, I need Xfinity to do a restore and get my emails back.  I did NOT inadvertently delete any of them, there were over 70 emails in my inbox.  I really need them back or my CPA will not be able to file my tax return by 10/15.  This is a Comcast system problem NOT a user problem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for clarifying, in this case, if the emails are no where to be found we do have a team that can take a closer look and help try to recover them for you. You can contact our Customer Security Assurance team by calling them at 1-888-565-4329, they are available 6:00 am - 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thank you for the contact information.  Some of my emails were restored and others were lost.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here