arde1953's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, November 11th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Email hyperlinks not working properly

Beginning just recently, whenever I click on a hyperlink imbedded in a Comcast email message, nothing happens. It used to be that upon clicking, I was immediately taken to that linked site. Now I have to secondary click and then choose a new tab or a new window in order to see the linked site.  Why the change and any way to go back to the old way?

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

@arde1953 wrote:

Beginning just recently, whenever I click on a hyperlink imbedded in a Comcast email message, nothing happens. It used to be that upon clicking, I was immediately taken to that linked site. Now I have to secondary click and then choose a new tab or a new window in order to see the linked site.  Why the change and any way to go back to the old way?

What browser are you using?

As a temporary work around right click on the link and you should be able to choose from the list how you want to open the link.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I'm using Edge.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

@arde1953 wrote:

I'm using Edge.

Microsoft apparently made some changes to Edge that "broke" some functions with comcast.net email.  A temporary work around would be to use another web browser.  While not ideal, hopefully it will solve that annoyance until this problem gets fixed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here