davidlavoie147's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 7:00 PM

Email hacked

Somehow my email was hacked and all my contacts are being solicited for money. I had a request to allow an application access to my contacts and I said yes. Now someone has all my contacts and is harassing them for money. What can be done?

Responses

ComcastRob

Official Employee

• 

251 Messages

4 m ago

@davidlavoie147

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

My email has been hacked.  All of my contacts have been sent an email scam asking for money, etc... I changed my password, though when I access my email account I do not receive any new emails since the hack (4/13, approximately 9am EDT) and my "sent" folder is completely empty.... Please help

Official Employee

• 

300 Messages

Hi, @user_21bfd2, I am sorry your email account has been hacked like this. I have been through a similar experience and I know this is a hassle and upsetting. It's always a great idea to clean your devices or run a virus scan and make sure your devices have internet security. Definitely reset your password. Our Customer Security Assurance team can assist you further and you can get in touch with them by calling us at 1-888-565-4329. If you have any further questions please let us know.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here