Martsmac's profile

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, July 21st, 2024 7:15 PM

Email folders are missing

I have extremely important imap based (meaning they are stored on Comcasts servers) email folders that have gone missing , I really need these back as I have very critical info in them. My email is [Edited: "Personal Information"] and they are not showing on Comcasts website or in my desktop client. 

I use Thunderbird as my client , everything was working fine until today.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 months ago

Hello @Martsmac, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. Are you still having issues with not see those email folders?

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

Yes very much so the customer support was terrible and didn't solve anything

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@Martsmac, I'm sorry to hear that and would be more then happy to help. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

The first rep was extremely unhelpful put me on hold with no warning and never got back to me after 1.5 hours on hold. The second rep was very helpful and escalated me to a "security team rep" after telling me my email account was locked which was why I couldn't see my folders , the third rep (and the one that was supposedly part of the security team) was extremely rude and refused to even attempt to do anything other than telling me that it was MY fault and that I had deleted my email folders (which is actually impossible whilst using IMAP as they are on Comcasts servers)

Finally after demanding to speak to a supervisor they told me they had initiated a process to retrieve deleted emails and that this process will take at most 3 hours and that they couldn't guarantee that my folders or correct emails would be restored.

This is ridiculous surley a company like Comcast of their size and yearly revenue can implement snapshot based backups for customers email account, if I can do it on my unraid server using zfs it's much easier for Comcast to.

After this whole ordeal I have lost years (at least 10 years) of tax documents , mortgage documents , medical records, marriage documents etc etc, and I now know why I dumped Comcast for all my services barring email. Which I will also be dumping them for email also ASAP.

This is a ridiculous situation to be in and it's down to terrible data management practices by Comcast.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We apologize for the frustrating experience @Martsmac and understand where you are coming from. I assure you this is not how we want you to feel and are happy that it is being worked on. We hope that your folders and any emails you need are restored properly. We appreciate your feedback and if there is anything else our team can do to assist you, please let us know. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Well that's ridiculous , no solution offered , just we've lost your emails tough tattle , really.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@Martsmac​ 

Are your folders showing?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

The emails were restored , I had to manually put them back into new folders but for now it seems the issue is resolved. I have no idea how this happened as I didn't delete them, but it appears they are restored now. Thanks.

Martin

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here