chestnut212's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, November 11th, 2021 6:53 PM

Closed

Email down

I haven't received an email since 9:10 am. Two contacts emailed me since that time, and I have not received the emails. Also, sent mail is not working. Please advise.

(I rebooted my modem and router, didn't help.)

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

653 Messages

3 years ago

All--

We are aware of an ongoing issue affecting some customers ability to send or receive emails at this time. A current solution is to clear the cache and cookies on the web browser or affected device, and allow up to 24-hours for the system to update.

If you continue to experience issues after 24-hours, or cannot receive emails still, please contact us and we can connect the affected account to the known issue. This will allow our engineers to see how many accounts exactly are affected and focus their priority on a fix.

As any updates come in, we will make customers aware.

Clear Cache and Delete Cookies in Google Chrome

Clear Cache and Delete Cookies in Safari

Clear Cache and Cookies in Microsoft Edge

Clear Cache and Cookies in Mozilla Firefox

1. Click the menu button Fx89menuButton and select Settings.

2. Select the Privacy & Security panel.
  3. In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data….
    Fx60Cookies&SiteData-ClearCache
  4. Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data.
    • For more information about managing site data, see Manage local site storage settings.
  5. With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
  6. Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
Tip: Here's another way to clear the Firefox cache:
  1. Click on the menu button Fx89menuButton to open the menu panel.
  2. Click History and select Clear Recent History….
  3. Next to Time range to clear, choose Everything from the drop-down menu, select Cache in the items list, make sure other items you want to keep are not selected and then click the OK button.
This comment was created from this reply

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am not receiving emails from an organization and on their end it shows it was sent. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Why am I not receiving some emails?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

If an employee doesn't reply to your message here, Comcast Security Assurance should be able to help. You can reach them at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_893e60 Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with receiving specific emails. You reached the right team, and I can look into this.

Please send a private message by clicking the direct messaging chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Is anyone else having issues getting emails in zip code 03867 in NH ?  Have not received any since 9am this morning.

Thanks

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Email

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

Concern moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure for assistance. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

Hello @user_2baf0b, thanks for visiting our Forums page and bringing this email concern to our attention. I know the importance of being able to send/receive emails, so I definitely understand your concerns. I have not seen any reports of this being a known issue on our end, but we can definitely further investigate/troubleshoot this for you. 

To confirm, are you able to successfully send emails? 

Thank you @EG, for moving the post, very much appreciated! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I am not receiving email as well.  Zip code 17601 in PA.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I am not receiving emails as well.  Can send emails.  My husband's account works fine.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I am not receiving emails as well.  Can send emails.  My husband's account works fine.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have not been receiving my emails since late this morning.  How can I fix this?  Thanks

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Not receiving emails

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I stopped receiving emails this morning as well.  I've checked all the settings.  My husband's account still works fine.  I no longer have xfinity as my cable/internet provider -- just use them for mail, so they won't help.  What can I do? 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Same. Nothing since late morning. My husband's Comcast email is fine. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! I'm truly sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your email and would love to look into this further for you. Please send us a direct message to "Xfinity Support" with your full name, address and user name to get started.

To send a direct message you may need to:
Click "Sign In"
Click the "direct message" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I continue to use my comcast.net e-mail address although I no longer use Xfinity for my internet service.  I stopped receiving e-mail on my comcast.net address at some point this morning.  What can I do to try to restore it?  It's not an internet issue.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Not Receiving E-mail

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am unable to receive emails since 9:30 this morning 11/11.  Please help!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Have not received any emails since 9:30 am

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

We are aware of an ongoing issue affecting some customers ability to send or receive emails at this time. A current solution is to clear the cache and cookies on the web browser or affected device, and allow up to 24-hours for the system to update.

If you continue to experience issues after 24-hours, or cannot receive emails still, please contact us and we can connect the affected account to the known issue. This will allow our engineers to see how many accounts exactly are affected and focus their priority on a fix.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same here.  I also rebooted and still nothing...

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Thank you for commenting on the post @user_d8a8e1. We are currently aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. We have a temporary solution. Please clear cache and cookies, however, it may take up to 24 hours for you to receive the emails. We will continue to monitor the situation and advise of the resolution once resolved. Thank you. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

cache and cookies? where?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityEdgardo

cache and cookies?

where?

Administrator

• 

653 Messages

All--

As any updates come in, we will make customers aware.

Clear Cache and Delete Cookies in Google Chrome

Clear Cache and Delete Cookies in Safari

Clear Cache and Cookies in Microsoft Edge

Clear Cache and Cookies in Mozilla Firefox

1. Click the menu button Fx89menuButton and select Settings.

2. Select the Privacy & Security panel.
  3. In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data….
    Fx60Cookies&SiteData-ClearCache
  4. Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data.
    • For more information about managing site data, see Manage local site storage settings.
  5. With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
  6. Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
Tip: Here's another way to clear the Firefox cache:
  1. Click on the menu button Fx89menuButton to open the menu panel.
  2. Click History and select Clear Recent History….
  3. Next to Time range to clear, choose Everything from the drop-down menu, select Cache in the items list, make sure other items you want to keep are not selected and then click the OK button.
This reply has been converted into a comment

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

same here

the receiving is not working

Gold Problem Solver

• 

259 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @chestnut212, thank you much for taking some time out to post in our Community Forums. We are aware of this email receipt issue that's been impacting the ability to receive emails. At this time, we highly recommend clearing cache and cookies and allowing up to 24 hours receive emails.

(edited)

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

I am in Wallingford (Delaware County, PA). Wondering if this is a local problem.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@chestnut212 

it  is a xfinity problem

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

i am  Newton, MA

it is weird

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

After posting this, I got 2 emails from this forum, and another outside email, but none of the ones I know were sent to me.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@chestnut212

same here, I received an email from a server from NY, but nothing that was sent to me today morning

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

I can't say I'm happy with a 24-hour e-mail outage. Hopefully, it won't take that long to fix the faulty mail server.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

No incoming email. Last received email: 9:19am, 11/11.
Sending mail works, based on test messages cc’ing non-Comcast address. They don’t show up in Comcast.net addresses.

ZIP 05452

I use a mail client (Thunderbird), or iPad mail, not webmail, the “clear cookies and cache” dance does nothing.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

We moved to a new timeshare in Hawaii. Had no email issues in the old place. Using timeshare supplied wifi to connect and refuses login (using mail programs) for multiple accounts. Webmail works just fine for all accounts. Disconnecting from wifi and using wife’s phone as a hotspot (only using cellular data) and everything works fine. Obviously, Comcast changed IP address filtering. Please fix this! 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_0d1d86 I see you are in a similar situation as well. Did you try any of the troubleshooting steps provided above by my team mate? There are a lot of options there that can help get you started. If so, please let me know any results or obstacles you may come across.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

When are we going to be receiving the emails that should have been received from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here