U

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2024 7:29 PM

Email displayed name

When ever I create an email the user name is set correct but when its sent that displayed name has characters appended to the end.  For the life of me I can't find the "Senders" Name to update / correct it.  Nothing in email settings nor account settings has theses characters "HSEC".  Any place I can check / update to removed them to only display the name on the account?

Thanks, Todd

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 month ago

Sending with connect.xfinity.com ...

Did you check the down arrowhead at the end of the "From" line in the Compose window? Is anything funky listed there, or if you click "Edit names"?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

6 Messages

@BruceW​ Thats the odd part... when composing a new email and I select the drop down and "edit" names it appears fine... but when its sent it appends the 4 characters "HSEC" to the end of the "from" name as received by the receiver.

6 Messages

Wait wait I think I have it resolved.... I change the name sent a message, that came through OK, then changed it back and its good the "HSEC" is gone.  I must have reset something by re-writting values.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

user_36wv3k - Thank you for choosing Xfinity and for joining the Xfinity Forums community! 

Personalize your email with advanced features — Xfinity Email help should do the trick. 

Here is how to change your display name:

Click your current display name in the upper-right hand of Xfinity Email (above Sign Out). You'll be taken to the My Account screen where you can change your name across all Xfinity products. You can also Edit names while composing an email in the Xfinity Email web portal.

6 Messages

Thanks but I looked there an it doesn't display what is being displayed on received emails.... so that will not resolve this issue.  Any other suggestions?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Your Xfinity username is part of your Xfinity ID, which you can use to sign in. It's also your @comcast.net email handle. You can change your Xfinity username at any time on the xfinity.com website. However, your old Xfinity username can’t be used again. Here is how. Find or change your Xfinity ID

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 month ago

... that displayed name has characters appended to the end ...

Are you sending with connect.xfinity.com, or are you using an email program or app?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

6 Messages

Sending with connect.xfinity.com.  I am pretty sure its a Comcast issue yet when I call its like a while goose chase.  Frustrating.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here