M

Friday, May 3rd, 2024 1:52 AM

email connection error

From my Acer desktop, I am able to login and access myaccount, my bills, support and even watch TV. Except when I choose a to open my email I get timed out message first.

When I reload, I get this message next " connection error. The server is not available right now."

I have a laptop and a tablet and I can access my email from those devices. 

Anyone know how to fix this?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

16 days ago

Hello, @MTI312. Thanks for reaching our Forums team regarding your email concerns. Have you attempted to clear cache and cookies and have you attempted in a different browser?

4 Messages

@XfinityGabby​ 

I tried clearing the cache and cookies and it seem to freeze somewhere in the middle of clearing because the status line stopped moving for a long time.

I was able to access my email using "incognito" mode though.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@MTI312, glad you were able to access your email through incognito mode. Have you attempted to reboot your desktop to see if that helps and allows you to clear cache and cookies?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

I will try that and let you know if that works. 

Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

309 Messages

You're welcome! Let us know how it goes. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

i cleared the cache and browsing history in both Windows settings and Google Chrome. I restarted my computer, and viola ! I can access my email again!

Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here