horigan's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, October 16th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Email Account Error - Temporarily Blacklisted IP address

I'm having intermittent email account errors when accessing my Xfinity account from my second home.  I'm using Apple Mail on a Macbook air using wifi connected to the interet.  I have full access to the internet, but when my Mail app attempts to connect to my Comcast mail server, I get the message: Online Status - Temporarily blacklisted IP address - try again later.  Some emails will come through periodically, but in general there is no email access through the wifi router.  I am able to access email on the Macbook when I use a cellular connection via my phones hotspot function.

Any ideas how to keep my wifi IP address from being blacklisted by Comcast?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

4 years ago

Hello, horigan! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

I know how important it is to get each email, especially with so many people online these days. You will need to reach out to our Security Assurance team at 888-565-4329. 

Official Employee

• 

102 Messages

4 years ago

@horigan 

Hello,

I am sending you a private message to gather more info.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the PM.  I'll provide the IP when I get back to that house next week.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Hi Official Comcast Employee,

I'm reaching out to you because I want someone who actually seems to care at Comcast to know that there is a huge quality problem in the Security Assurance customer service.  I posted on an issue about my blacklisted IP address here on 10/20, then tried repeatedly to get help from the number you have previously listed.  As of today, 11/10, I am still awaiting help, though I have called 4 times, with 4 different ticket numbers and my issue gets "escalated" each time.  They tell me someone notes in the record that they have called me back, but I have received no calls, messages or missed call notifications (with the exception of one message left at a number I specifically told them not to call because I am not there).  I would really like to know what other options there are to actually get a person who can deal with my issue instead of just taking down the same information and murmuring to me that they understand my frustration then telling me I'll hear back in 24-72 hours. Any chance you can help????

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, I'm curious if you ever resolved this issue.  I have an identical issue (posted here on 10/20 with no replies) and have made no progress with the Security Assurance line.  The problems are intermittent but the periods are getting longer. Any advice you can share?

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I haven't been back to the house that has the issue to coordinate with ComcastSPAAbuse  on resolution.  Maybe PM him/her to see if they can help you.

Rich

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I actually already replied to his message too.  If he doesn't reply I might try a PM. This situation is very bizarre.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, I too am having the same Blacklisted IP Address issue.  It happens every few months when Comcast makes a change to their servers / back end systems and in my case, as I'm no longer a Comcast customer but instead am using '4 grandfathered email addresses', my IP number gets blocked.  I can use Windows Live Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird or any other local email program and all of them fail with the standard 421 error of 'xx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not permitted to send messages'.

Mr. Official Customer Support person, can you PLEASE send me a Private Message so that I may give you my IP number so that this can be resolved?  Thank you, Michael

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

4 years ago

UPDATE - my problem turned out NOT to be a Blacklisted IP Address but rather a Microsoft Windows 10 Update issue that changed some settings deep within Windows Live Mail and other local email programs.  See this link for more information:  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-live-mail-stopped-working-after-last/4dc42f7c-5556-434d-991f-db2daed6866f?auth=1&page=1

Thanks for being there Comcast, I do appreciate you! Michael

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Same here. Same problem and no help from xfinity.

I will cancel my service 

Joe

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I am having a similar problem.

I am unable to link my Comcast email to my MacBook or my ipad

or my iPhone.

I called xfinity and received absolutely no help

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

FYI I finally got someone who really understood the issue, but I had to do a lot of my own troubleshooting to precisely indentify the problem.  Also, he was in "Level 2" support, I had to insist that the Comcast Security Assurance agent I was talking to before him escalate my issue. If you haven't tried Security assurance, their number is 888-565-4329.  As with most teams, some people are more capable than others...

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for sharing that information.  I actually finally got to Level 2 support and had a very informative conversation with a customer service agent.  My issue is intermittent and by the time we talked it had stopped, but we came up with a plan for the next time it happens. FYI he also doesn't think it's a Comcast issue based on everything I have said, but we won't know that for sure until it happens again.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

I was having the same problem. My IP address was temporarily blacklisted and I could not receive mail. After talking to Comcast, I turned off my VPN and the blacklist was removed. A VPN is a great tool for Internet security, and I think it's sad that Comcast discourages their use.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for the info @Anon68690 .  I don't have a VPN in my system, but good info.  I just sent Comcast the IP address they requested.  We'll see if they respond.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here