U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, December 1st, 2022 8:13 PM

Closed

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

When we send out invoices via quickbooks and a client responds, they are sent the following message:

[Edited: "Personal Information"]> wrote:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* [Edited: "Personal Information"]

Reason: Permanent Error

We are receiving the response from the client but they get this bounce back anyways. I cannot figure out where this protonmail is coming from. We do not use it. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

2 years ago

Just a thought.  If you login to xfinity.com and check your email in a web browser.  Click the gear icon in the top right for settings, then select "Email Settings".

On the left side, look at auto-forwarding.  Is it enabled, and is the protonmail address in there??  If it is, your account has been compromised.  You're going to want to change your password.  Like right now.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

That's definitely a good suggestion. I was pretty sure I already made sure of this but I went back and double checked. No forwarding enabled.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Thats another good suggestion and again, no BCC is set. I checked that before as well. I had this problem about 3 months ago and after getting passed up three levels on Comcast tech support, they told me it was "fixed". It did seem to go away for a bit but now its back. It only occurs when clients respond back to invoices, not when they receive them. I am pretty sure its isolated to the email. Is there something in Outlook that could be causing this that I can't find?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Hey Flatlander, I did some more digging on the other user accounts on Comcast for the email forwarding and I found one that had been enabled to the email address I was seeing. I stopped it and changed my password at the same time. Thank you, no one else has been able to help me and you found the problem quickly. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

2 years ago

No problem.  I'd be super concerned if my invoices were getting hijacked too!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here