Debrarogers's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, August 18th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Disappearing Emails

All the emails from before August 5th have disappeared from my inbox. My email is not full (i've only used 3%) and when I contacted online help from Comcast, I got no help at all, just a repeating list of prompts that did not apply and even if I tried using a prompt, the same prompts just repeated. I saw that others have had this problem in the past. Maybe I need to leave Xfinity. I have been a loyal customer for over 20 years and now, no help for a significant problem.

Expert

• 

29.6K Messages

4 years ago

As a precaution, I would change your password to something stronger than whatever it is right now, and also change your secret question and answer. Suddenly vanishing emails is a common sign of a malware infection or a compromised account. Run a complete scan of your machine with your A/V software to see if it finds anything wrong. There are no editable deletion schedules in the new format.

Also, do you have another device like a smartphone or tablet with the account enabled on it? If so it may be downloading and then deleting the messages from the server. Check all the settings in it to see if that's what's going on.  If it's not that, call Comcast security and see if they can recover the missing emails-------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for that advice, I already changed my password recently so I don't think it was a hacking incident.  However, after spending close to an hour on the phone with an Xfinity tech, my emails were recovered by opening recovered mail from trash from the additional actions icon by trash. I had checked my trash, but not the icon with the 3 lines.  It also allowed me to move them back to my inbox. The tech admitted it was a systemic glitch. Hopefully it's fixed for good!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Try turning off Access to third party email servers. Instructions here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/third-party-email-access

Expert

• 

29.6K Messages

@user_d56cb2 

You are replying to a year-old thread which is now being closed.  If you have a question or issue please start your own thread for it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here