user_2d6e5d's profile

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

Friday, June 28th, 2024 10:32 PM

Desktop Notification

My Gmail account has an app for getting desktop notices when I receive new email. Does Xfintiy email have the same kind of thing? If so, I can't find it.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

2 days ago

... Does Xfintiy email have the same kind of thing? ...

The webmail page does not, despite 7 years of customers asking for it. 3rd party programs and apps may do this. I run a program on my desktop called "Pop Peeper" which, despite the name, also works to alert me of the arrival of new mail in my Comcast IMAP Inbox.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 days ago

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate that. I have installed the free version of Pop Peeper, and set it to start with windows. When it is in the sys tray, I will see how well the notification works. The auto-config was slow but works well. I will come cack to comment further once I give this app a test drive. Thanks again. Believe me Comcast is NOT customer friendly. More like customer hostile. Never could understand how they believe this is a good marketing strategy. Ah, well. 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 days ago

When I started my Windows 11 computer up this morning, I went to the Comcast email server and had one new email. Pop Peeper didn't seem to know anything about it. Just FYI. Unless you can think of why it isn't working for notification.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

2 days ago

... new email. Pop Peeper didn't seem to know anything about it. ...

Hmmm. Under Tools / Options, do you have "Mail Check" and "Notification" configured?

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 days ago

Yes, I have all the options enabled for notifications. The problem may be, you say you use IMAP while Comcast may use POP3.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 days ago

I just tried Spark. It could not autoconfig. It needed more settings entered manually. It was stuck on IMAP with POP3 not being an option. Seems this is the problem. So it's likely Comcast has ensured you don't use any of these email clients if you want auto notifications. Told you they are customer hostile.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

2 days ago

Comcast's servers work with both POP3 and IMAP. On my Win 11 desktop, Pop Peeper is configured to use IMAP, while my "main" Thunderbird email program uses POP3. Mail programs that use either of these protocols should work.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 days ago

Not from my recent experiences. But I suppose I could have been doing something wrong during setup. With Pop Peeper, I had all the options to display new email. But I didn't have it set to download them. Both of these options were set. So I assume they are ok to have.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here