hugginsrealty's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 26th, 2024 5:42 PM

Decrease size of Comcast email folder

I use Xfinity email and access through Outlook client on my laptop.  My email with Xfinity is 9+ GB and is reaching the limit.  Synchronization to my laptop is really slow and my incoming email takes a long time. 

If I use the Archive feature in Outlook, will this reduce my Xfinity mailbox size?  What is the best way to reduce the size of my mailbox? 

Does Xfinity have an Archive feature to decrease the size of my mailbox without going into each folder and manually removing large files?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

20 days ago

Greetings, @hugginsrealty! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum about managing your email storage.

Using the Archive button to move messages to the Archive folder usually doesn't reduce your mailbox size. The best way to manage your storage would be to log in to your account online where you can sort your messages by size, download any important attachments to your computer, and delete the online copies. You can find more details about how to do this here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xconn-email-storage-limit

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here