srose178's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, August 5th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

create additional email account

can I have another comcast.net email address?  If so, how do I create it?  I do not want to add another user, I just want a 2ne address for myself & do not want to turn to gmail

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

That is why I asked the question. As you said, It used to be easy to create another Comcast email address. I ran into the same roadblocks you mentioned. I’m thinking of creating a gmail address & then use that to create Comcast address or just drag that address to Comcast. Although I dislike some things about Comcast email, I like it better than gmail. I have only ever used Comcast & gmail. If someone can recommend another service they like, I am
open to trying something else.

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

4 years ago

You do have to create a user to have another email address for yourself. You can set it up with limited access. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/adding-new-user-names-or-email-addresses .

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

How do you get around the email/phone number question? I added another user, and it asks for email and phone, if I enter the phone, it tells me the phone number is already being used by another user.  I am trying to create an email so I can correct the typo in another app.  I know at one time you could just add a mailbox xyz@comcast.net and that was it. very frustrating, Ive tried call, chatting and searching the internet and get the same answer. Thanks!

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Julie265 wrote:

How do you get around the email/phone number question? I added another user, and it asks for email and phone, if I enter the phone, it tells me the phone number is already being used by another user.  I am trying to create an email so I can correct the typo in another app.  I know at one time you could just add a mailbox xyz@comcast.net and that was it. very frustrating, Ive tried call, chatting and searching the internet and get the same answer. Thanks!

When creating a secondary account, you should be able to use either a phone number or some other, non-Comcast email address for the fields you mentioned.  But like the phone number, it can't be one already in use with a Comcast account.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I’ve got a gmail I never use, if it still works I’ll use it or create another one. This use to me so much easier!

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

In my account, I had two additional users (created when I got the account 8 years ago).  The household members rarely use the accounts but did heavily 2 years ago.  Today, I went into my account to change the password for them while they are on the road.  To be able to stream and use cablewi-fi.  The three accounts are gone.  Now there is this new way to create accounts, so now I am doubly mad.  Luckily, I am tied to a two year contract because this really [Edited: "Language"].

(edited)

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@CableCo10

You posted to a year old thread.  Please start a new thread with your issue.  I am closing this one to further replies.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here