U

Thursday, July 11th, 2024 10:47 PM

continued use of email through IMAP after deactivating Xfinity account

My comcast email has been my email for 20+ years and I don't want to change, but my husband discontinued our Xfinity service yesterday without telling me.  According to Xfinity website if I have accessed my email through the Xfinity website in the last 9 months I can keep my account; however I only access my email though an IMAP (on my Mac, apple) and to the best of my recollection have not logged on to Xfinity email in the last 9 months.  I can still get into my email just fine today though, and I did log in to my email today on the Xfinity website without a problem.

So, my question is whether accessing my email through an IMAP "counts" or if it really has to be only through the Xfinity website, and if perhaps they have a grace period?  Why is my email account not deactivated now? If it isn't deactivated now, is it going to suddenly deactivate and be inaccessible to me without warning? Does anyone know how long I have until it might deactivate or if there is anything I can do at this point to prevent it deactivating?  I would even be willing to pay for another day or week of Xfinity service just to be able to log in to Xfinity email while we have service to prevent losing my email.

Official Employee

• 

789 Messages

2 months ago

user_ptf7mp Thank you for reaching out to us here today with your questions about your email account. Former Xfinity customers can keep their Xfinity email account if they log in to it within 90 days of disconnecting their service. After that, they can still access their email through the Xfinity Email website or third-party email applications, but they won't be able to add new accounts or change existing ones. They can also still use features like their address book, managing settings, and deactivating email accounts.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here